How to do cordless phone paging?

Can anyone steer me in the right direction here? I'd like to do something similar to cordless phone paging. There doesn't have to be any voice or anything, just push the button on the base station and the phone (or other object) starts to beep a couple times.

Does anyone know how to do this? I've looked at RF transmitters/ receivers, but they typically can handle serial data. My requirements are not that strong. I just need to be able to trigger one relay, or a pin on a micro controller remotely.

Thanks!!

Newt

Reply to
Newt
** Groper alert !

** Buy a wireless door bell.

Cost about $15 and have everything you just asked for included.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison