Semco USA - stay away from them!

I've been trying to purchase metal clad capacitors for a while.

I've tried Semco usa, but they are not interested, a couple hundred is not sufficient to get them interested. I called, faxed, emailed with zero success. Sure, they promised everything on the phone.

Than I tried a web shop which stocked semco caps and they couldn't get the caps from Semco either (even though they have them listed on their website). They were told "no problem" on the phone as well.

So, if you need metal clad caps, think twice before you order from Semco. They hate the small guy.

--
Siol
Rather than a heartless beep

In article , SioL wrote: [...]

Maybe, it isn't because you are small. Perhaps they just can't seem to make ones that work. They try and try but no luck. Ever since Jack who used to run that machine retired, they've been having this problem.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Or maybe they don't have any at all? :)

Reply to
mc

I did some more digging, they have a surplus special on these caps on their website. But they're all sold out long ago. I found their caps at the surplus source, apparently they've grabbed their last stock.

The trouble with internet is you often assume you're dealing with a large company, but that isn't always the case. It might be just a couple guys in a garage and if one of them leaves... you're left without capacitors.

--
Siol
Rather than a heartless beep
Or a rude error message,
See these simple words: "File not found."
Reply to
SioL

So it seems, and they are ashamed to admit it.

SioL