Vending machine remote monitoring

I plan to implement a small project on remote monitoring of vending machines. I intend to use embedded Linux developer board for processing the input signals and Powerline Ethernet adaptor for data communications. Has anyone had an experience on such Powerline communications method for data acquisition and remote plant monitoring? Are there any other more appropriate (and low-cost) methods that could be used for the same objective?

Reply to
John Lai

John Lai schrieb:

You might want to take a look at the Ubicom 2022 processor. The SDK comes with a complete IP stack including Homeplug for power line Ethernet. Not Linux but very cheap, self contained chip and by far powerful enough.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell