Pokie machine service help

Hi all

To those with experience servicing these....I have just obtained a couple of the older variety with the 5 spinning wheels (lucky lines and lucky hearts if that matters), both with the same problem. A couple of seconds after it's switched on all the wheels begin rotating and don't stop. I assume it's performing some kind of self test, and when you shut the front the display on the front says "power up" with a credit level of 9, a coins played value of 5 and a coins won value of 0. I would have thought those numbers would all begin at 0 so I'm thinking it's displaying a fault code. I'm concentrating on the power supply area at the moment to make sure it's brains aren't being scrammbled over noise, but I think that's a long shot as some things are registering (i.e. missing wheel, wheel tilt, door open/close). Have re-socketed all ICs as well (I have seen this to be a problem in old stuff). All help greatly appreciated JD

--
Zoom! Zoom!
For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

Just in case anyone was watching this out of curiosity...

I found that by removing the game PROM, turning it on, then off, then re-inserting the chip it caused an error "bad cmos ram" which in turn forced a reset of some kind which gave me some options and then it fired up and now plays good as new ...well good enough for home use :)

JD

Reply to
Jonathan