Seeking ferrite cores, a good distributor with many parts?

Hi

I am working on a magnetics design and I need to try out a lot of different configurations, with different sizes and types of ferrite cores. For starters just E-cores

Digikey, Farnell and mouser has very few E-cores. I found a german site with some obscure types, but none that have different E-cores with different AL values (airgaps)

I could ask the FAE from Epcos, Philips and the like, but that takes forever to arrive at the desk.

Anyone know of a good site?

Thanks

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

configurations, with different sizes and types of ferrite cores. For starters just E-cores

some obscure types, but none that have different E-cores with different AL values (airgaps)

to arrive at the desk.

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yes, their web site is crummy but the company is great and support is excellent (and fast):

If you need a contact there let me know and I'll dig it out. As for air gaps, vendors might offer a few (very few) standard values that suit flybacks but typically you have to make your own. Either get some shim material or find a local shop that can grind down the center pod without splintering too much off of the ferrite. If you grind it yourself _never_ do that without eye protection. I knew a guy who did something like that without, he didn't lose that eye but said the pain was terrible.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

configurations, with different sizes and types of ferrite cores. For starters just E-cores

some obscure types, but none that have different E-cores with different AL values (airgaps)

arrive at the desk.

Here is a distributor, these guys are good. You should be able to get some samples if they don't have stock.

Martin Riddle

configurations, with different sizes and types of ferrite cores. For starters just E-cores

with some obscure types, but none that have different E-cores with different AL values (airgaps)

forever to arrive at the desk.

Allstar Magnetics

Reply to
qrk

In addition to the others,

Amidon has a good catalog, but you'll only see the products they chose to list. Their ferrites are primarily Fair-Rite or Magnetics Inc., while their powdered irons are from Micrometals.

Adams, Elna and most others *don't* have an online catalog, at least not in the way we're familiar with, like Digikey and them do. You'll have to go back and forth a few times between manufacturer's product listing, checking that they even make the kind of thing you're looking for (shape, material, A_e, gap, etc.), then checking if that part is carried and in stock.

The largest manufacturers carried by these companies are usually among: Fair-Rite EPCOS/TDK Ferroxcube Magnetics Inc. (ferrite, powdered iron, stripwound) Micrometals (powdered iron) VAC and HMG (amorphous/nanocrystalline)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

"Klaus Kragelund"  wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am working on a magnetics design and I need to try out a lot of
> different configurations, with different sizes and types of ferrite
> cores. For starters just E-cores
>
> Digikey, Farnell and mouser has very few E-cores. I found a german site
> with some obscure types, but none that have different E-cores with
> different AL values (airgaps)
>
> I could ask the FAE from Epcos, Philips and the like, but that takes
> forever to arrive at the desk.
>
> Anyone know of a good site?
>
> Thanks
>
> Klaus
Reply to
Tim Williams

configurations, with different sizes and types of ferrite cores. For starters just E-cores

some obscure types, but none that have different E-cores with different AL values (airgaps)

arrive at the desk.

Fair-Rite has great sample kits.

These folks

are a great distributor.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

configurations, with different sizes and types of ferrite cores. For starters just E-cores

some obscure types, but none that have different E-cores with different AL values (airgaps)

to arrive at the desk.

As does MuRata (resistors, too).

Reply to
krw

configurations, with different sizes and types of ferrite cores. For starters just E-cores

some obscure types, but none that have different E-cores with different AL values (airgaps)

to arrive at the desk.

Thank you all for some good links ;-)

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

configurations, with different sizes and types of ferrite cores. For starters just E-cores

Most design work will not allow 'a lot of different configurations', based on some simple preliminary calculations, on paper.

You'll get more support and useful samples from suppliers if you have a ballpark idea of your actual needs, for a specific application.

RL

Reply to
legg

different configurations, with different sizes and types of ferrite cores. For starters just E-cores

with some obscure types, but none that have different E-cores with different AL values (airgaps)

forever to arrive at the desk.

Here's another.

Industrievertretungen Wolfgang Bieber GmbH Ostergasse 4

86577 Sielenbach

Tel: 08258-997388-0 Fax: 08258-997388-9

e-Mail: snipped-for-privacy@ferrite.de web:

I bought a small quantity of Ferroxcube EP13-3E55-A100 cores from them - "low distortion" cores for ADSL, though that's not what I'm using them for - and they were quick and helpful.

I would have posted this earlier, but my file swapping onto my new computer didn't work as well as it should have and the relevant bunch of e-mails didn't make it on the first attempt.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Or other wise pls call on us our direct no is 91 4424968017

Reply to
nagait28