screening

No, one of my cycling buddies always says that for most food such taste additions come from a Swiss chemical plant. Engineered to the hilts so it becomes a cravings maximizer.

Man, you must have gained a lot of weight snce my visit :-)

Those kinds of boxes often have a thin lacquer coating, not so good for shielding.

I think that's the same photo as in the first link,

[...]

They were good ESD-safe cans. However, most brands such as Fuji and Kodak went to plastic later.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

These might also be useful reading. There's quite a bit on package design, sealing, construction, material selection, corrosion, etc:

Parker/Chomerics "EMI Shielding Theory & Gasket Design Guide". Early version, not sure of date. (0.5MBytes)

30 pages.

"Conductive Elastomer Engineering Handbook" Current version (2018). (13MBytes)

152 pages.
--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Not 140 dB, but enough to help. And they come full of chocolate.

I was thinking that Dropbox had broken the raw option (like they broke all my public files) but I guess not.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

;)

I usually just hammer a #1 Philips screwdriver through the lid.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Just keep a Dremel within reach at all times.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Oh, I have one--it has the gooseneck permanently attached, and hangs from a patch cord thingie attached to the HP rack next to my bench.

The film cans are a good deal thicker and harder steel than the butter cookie tins, so brute force is much faster. Besides, that way I don't need to take out my frustrations on my colleagues. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I have a bunch of these, and some that are twice that height. Rural King has the deeper cans during the Christmas Season. Dollar Tree stores also have some, usually around Christmas.

Yes. It's much better than the smaller image posted above.

I had a friend who used to bring be garbage bags full of those 35mm cans from the film processing plant where he worked. Mostly plastic, but some Aluminum with watertight screw on caps. Only a few remain, after 30+ years. :(

Reply to
Michael Terrell

I started in photography in the early '70s, and by then all the film cans were plastic except for Agfa's. Kodak, Fuji, Ilford, and so on all came as metal cassettes in plastic cans. (I never used Ansco or any of the other niche brands.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Many years ago, I had lunch with a flavour chemist who worked at GE or some such place. He was a nice guy (a FOAF), but I think I hurt his feelings.... He was explaining the difficulty he was having in making a polyethylene-bead bioreactor with genetically engineered E. coli to make "natural flavours", and I launched into uncontrollable laughter.

Oh, the days of innocence. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

My Samsung phone is a pain, but it has an astounding camera. I sure don't miss film and trays full of smelly chamicals.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

General Foods, it was, not General Electric.

He was a nice guy (a FOAF), but I think I hurt his

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

One of Mo's clients is a fermentation chemist. He brings us his own sourdough.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

That is very close to the Russian method :-)

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Very nice experiment. I did some testing but when watching a webTV You have to wait quite a long time for stop because of buffering. And my phone doesn't work at 5 GHz.

Reply to
bilou

Ah, so you got rid of the flip phone--you have been assimilated. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yes, my beloved Casio Rock died, and Mo made me get a smartphone. I turned everything off (texting, google store, games, voicemail, email, all that) and made it as dumb as I could. It's a plain old phone.

But the camera is fabulous. I don't think it has a mechanical zoom lens, but the focal range is amazing, and it barely needs light.

Here's looking into an 850 nm multimode fiber, out of a 10 gbit Cisco SFP.

I can barely see the 850 by eye, and it looks red. Gotta try some other wavelengths on the phone, and singlemode.

I built a couple of those SFP boards:

The thing on the LeCroy is a 1 GHz square wave. The 20 GHz Tek can't internal trigger, and the fastest I could get the SRS to external trigger it was 200 MHz, but the edges are there.

We might take this to the customer site and go up through his gimbals and rotary optical couplings and back down, to prove it will work. Maybe figure out what he's actually spinning around.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Thanks. I was going to drag my ancient spectrum analyzer and sweep generator into the kitchen and do a proper test, but decided that something simpler would be better.

The delay in meter movement in the Wifi Analyzer app is caused by the intentionally slow sampling rate. Go to: Settings -> Scan interval -> L0 through L5 My guess(tm) is that L0 = 1.2 secs, L2 = 5 seconds, and L5 is about 13 seconds. If you leave it on L0, running the app will discharge your phone battery rather quickly. The default L2 is good enough as long as you're not swinging a direction finding antenna (dish).

Upgrade?

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

So, you don't have SPICE installed on it yet?

Reply to
whit3rd

Can't. I deleted Google Play too.

It's just a phone.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Oh, it's not 'just a phone' according to the spec sheet. You've got gigabytes of storage, megabytes of RAM, and several nice CPUs in there, behind a display that no 5150 PC ever could match.

The gizmo isn't in denial, only the owner is.

Reply to
whit3rd