Scientists predicting historic dry summer for much of the U.S.

As to the capabilities of models... anyone remember what forecasts were like 30-50 years ago? Now, 10 days isn't uncommon. Then? Maybe 2 or 3 (and lots of finger-crossing).

[I recall waking up and seeing what the weather was like *before* deciding how to dress. Now, we can even plan on what the wind speeds will be like several days out! (No fun hiking when tons of blowing dust!)]
Reply to
Don Y

THAT'S NOT WHAT IT'S ABOUT AND YOU KNOW DAMN WELL. i'M TALKING ABOUT ACCUSATIONS OF A CRIMINAL NATURE YOU MADE AGAINST ME YOU LYING BASTARD. God you are THICK.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

But not as thick as you are. I have have suggested that reticence about where you currently live is consistent with you being on the run from Interpol.

If you weren't, you could tell us, but you don't. I'm not accusing you of anything, but I am pointing out that your behaviour is consistent with that of a fugitive. Clear the air. Tell us where you are hiding out.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

YOU do not speak on behalf of this group. Plus it's none of your business - at this stage at any rate.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Of course I don't. I speak for myself, but I'm sure that other people would be equally interested in where you are hiding out.

You do seem to be sympathetic to extreme right-wing ideas. Brenton Harrison Tarrant, a white, 28-year-old Australian man who ended up shooting some fifty-one Muslims in two mosques in Christchurch New Zealand in 2019, after traveling around Europe a few years earlier and getting in contact with right-wing groups there, fitted the same kind of profile.

Keeping track of people who aren't quite right in the head js everybody's business. They are more likely to damage themselves than anybody else, so it is a duty of care.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I am not hiding out anywhere. Nor am I wanted by any police/tax authority anywhere in the world. All my dealings have been above board. There's nothing illegal or even improper about legal tax avoidance, which is all I have done.

All this is just meaningless noise with no relevance whatsoever to the current matter of your libeling me. You do keep digging a hole for yourself so if you have sought legal advice you obviously think you know better and are totally ignoring it. Your failure to provide an apology and retraction of your defamatory allegations is infinitely more relevant - and noted.

Yeah, you seem like a caring person when you say you want to see people who have different views from you hanged for expressing those views. How very Liberal of you.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

You would say that.

Tax avoidance is tax evasion done with legal help. Lawyers frequently fail to get it right, and have been known to rip off the customers of those sorts of service. You claim to have spent thousands digging out atmospheric analysis papers published more than century ago, when they are available of the shelf and for nothing from any long established university library. Your tax avoidance scheme may look rather more like tax evasion to the relevant tax authorities, despite being over-priced.

You do like to claim that. You may even feel that you are perfectly normal, and it it is the rest of the world which is strange. Nobody who thinks that "Russia Today" is a trustworthy news source has any kind of reliable grasp of reality..

You do go in for these transparent attempts to intimidate other people. Only a psychopathic idiot would bother.

More of the same.

That's not quite what I said. I was warning you - and John Larkin - of the risk you run in going in for climate change denial. When climate change gets even further advanced, and kills even more people, you are setting yourself up to be persecuted for being an irresponsible idiot. As I said, hanging you for being an irresponsible idiot would seem excessive, but losing a bunch of relatives tends to make people unreasonable. I was thinking of your best interests, even if you can't.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

No relevance whatsoever to the instant matter.

No relevance whatsover to the instant matter.

Legal action is by its very nature intimidatory. It's a last resort when all other means of settling a dispute have been exhausted. You don't seem to understand how this works. If we end up going down the legal route, it's for YOU to prove YOUR allegations against me. All I have to do is deny them. I'm not required to prove myself innocent. The burden of proof is entirely on YOU. And I'm afraid claiming you were only repeating what you'd read written by some other Left-wing loony on uk.d-i-y will get you NOWHERE.

I'm obliged to give you the opportunity to retract and apologise for your gross libel of me. It's "more of the same" because the law expects it before due process commences. So I shall ask you just one

*final* time: are you going to retract and apologise - yes or no?

It's nice to know you're looking out for my "best interests" LOL. But seriously, I'm about ready to kill this thread at the first sign of any further diversion from you. So retraction/apology: yes/no?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

None that you are willing to recognise. The picture I see is of a gullible twit who has been ripped off by a bunch of crooks in a way that leaves him vulnerable to prosecution.

A libel is something that brings the target into ridicule or contempt. As I've pointed out before, you put so much effort into being ridiculous and contemptible that we can't say anything that will make you look worse.

None that you are willing to recognise.

But not one that you are in any position to threaten. You are an anonymous troll, and you'd have to identify yourself and tell the court - and the person you were suing - where you live.

You don't seem to understand how this works. You can't do it as an anonymous troll.

But you do have to prove that you exist, and have a real identity and a real address.

As an anonymous troll, posting from nowhere, you can't even start the process.

You are also obliged to say who you actually are and where you actually live.

Of course not.

If you kill this tread and shut up, I've won. Not much, because you do have a habit of re-appearing after storming off in a high dudgeon. You do fill a much needed gap.

Reply to
Bill Sloman