SAV/EAV encoder chip

Hi world, Do you know any ready-made chip that would allow us to transform a 8-bit RGB

  • 2 bits Vsync/Hsync image stream (coming from a CMOS image sensor) into a BT.656 8-bit stream, I mean in EAV/SAV mode (this mode allows to embbed the synchronisation signals into the digital video stream itself, using reserved video values) ? As a background we have a "dumb" CMOS sensor and need to connect it to a processor image capture port which seems to only understand EAV/SAV. I guess than one answer will "use an FPGA and do it yourself", but I would prefer an off-the-shelf solution... or an existing VHDL code... Thanks for your help, Yours, Robert
Reply to
Robert Lacoste

gennum may have something

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

"martin griffith" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Thanks Martin, we'll check

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

Sorry to be so late in replying, but I've been on vacation.

Look up Brooktree (now part of Conexant Systems), Integrated Circuit Systems Inc (now part of IDT) or Pixel Semiconductor.

--
John B
Reply to

thanks !