Interface a SAA7115 to a DSC90C385?

I need to interface a parallel ITU-R BT.656 data stream, from a SAA7115 Video Decoder into a DSC90C385 LVDS Transmitter, which needs 24-bit VGA LVCMOS or LVTTL level signals (data like you would get from a graphics controller). Is there an IC that will do this? If not, what would be the best way to go about this?

Brian Ellis

Reply to
Brian Ellis

The ITU 601 / 656 video signal out of the NXP (Philips) SAA7115 will need to be "digitally processed" in to digital RGB including Synch signals (this means storing the ITU601 video frames in to a video buffer, then processing the buffer and extracting the RGB components"

Averlogic have some chips but there are others. AL300, AL310 comes to mind.

Warning....this is not trivial stuff.... I high speed PCB design amongst other electronic worldly experience is necessary.

Do you have this experience?

You might be able to puchase off the shelf CV (composite video) to RGB boxes... if your volume is less than 1000.

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

Thanks Joe, for your input.

This is what I came up with also. I was hoping there was a one chip solution.

I have looked at their chips. Their output resolutions don't go high enough. I need 1366 x 1080 and 1920 x 1080. Since I only need like 1000 a year, I can't seem to get the chips that I want. So, I have to try and work with what I can get.

Yes, I am aware of this. Yes, I do have the experience.

Reply to
Brian Ellis