Running Palasm on WinXP

Has anyone been able to get Palasm 4.5 to run on Win XP? I've heard it can be done, but so far it has proven to be beyond my abilities to get it going. Any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
Fred

"Fred" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

I run PALASM 4 version 1.5 from the command line. No problem at all. The only things I added were to set the environment variable PALASM to the directory where Palasm resides and the path should include the directory of the exe. So

palasm=c:\\palasm path= %path%;c:\\palasm\\exe

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Dear Byter: Tried your advice... did not work. Error message is "Copyright (c) 1990 Ergo Computing, Inc. os286: BIOS checksum does not match, please reconfigure". Any more ideas?

Reply to
Fred

"Fred" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

My version is from 1991. Apparently you've got a slightly older version which includes some kind of copy protection. FAIK a 1.5 version has been around on the net for quite some time but may be vanished. If you can't find it maybe I can help but I need a correct e-mail address and you must realise it's almost 4MB compressed. May address should be valid after removing the spamtrap.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

find

realise

I've tried 1.5 on Win 2000 and it won't compile or simulate. It just stops without any warning and the log file is not generated :o( I've tried it in DOSBox 0.63 but that doesn't work either. I've only gotten it to work on real DOS.

--DF

Reply to
Deefoo

In article , Deefoo wrote: [....]

Try "bochs", It seems to pretend to be a PC-XT. I'm using DOS-5 on my copy. It doesn't seem to be able to detect anything unusual.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Or 'qemu' -

- which is a lot faster (but that may not be required)...

Thomas

Reply to
Zak