ROHS question - smd resistors with LFP designation ROHS or not?

Hi!

I'm sorting out non-rohs components from our storage.

I've been told that Yageo SMD resistors with LFP marking are in fact ROHS, even though there is no green sticker and pb-free is not written on the label.

Is there any truth to this?

In general, is there any way besides PB-free sticker or text to differentiate the components (resistors/capacitors).

I guess a spectrometer would be the only sure way to tell, but it probably costs way more than the cost of just dumping any suspect components.

SioL

Reply to
SioL

Truth is out there...

It depends on the particular manufacturer. Check the information on the manufacturer web site.

--
WBR, Yuriy.
"Resistance is futile"

Apparently the London assay office does bits of silver at £0.52 a pop (20,000 a day) and stick it under a spectromotor so they should be able to sort you out for cheaper because they won't be malleting it.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

This is THE problem with many components. A great deal of stuff is lead free and has been for many years, but without the ROHS mark it is treated as suspect and most of it cannot be verified.

I have many thousands of expensive processors in stock which I think are lead free but Hitachi (Renesas) refuse to communicate with anybody but their distributor, and this disti no longer has the franchise... luckily I have the control/monitoring exemption so can just use them up. What a load of complete wankers these people are.

I think your SMD resistors will actually be lead free - these components have been lead free for as long as I remember. Anyway, who cares? Nobody is going to take your product to bits to check. Just use them up.

Reply to
Peter