Robotic Asteroid Flyby Scanning Technology - What Equipment Could Be Used?

Not really all that hard to cause change, especially when we involve intelligent design or redesign, such as dog breeding or plant/ vegetation variations that mother nature never accomplished.

It's just a matter of looking at what has already survived for millions of years, and other than ED Conrad's "man of coal", we humans haven't been around all that long, and thus far we've done more damage than good.

Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / =93Guth Usenet=94

Reply to
Brad Guth

gybeing 'exercised', for the purpose of humanity's long-term

Asteroid regolith can be laboratory tested to see how much caustic soda needs to be added to neutralize the cyanicides. Adding cyanicides is the result of injecting a cyanide solution into a mixing tank, in the first step for a refining operation:

After this operation, the accepted regolith can be processed for further refining. Robotic retreival of the regolith can then become benchmarked for its silver-gold content. Asteroids available:

ig.jpg

Reply to
American

logybeing 'exercised', for the purpose of humanity's long-term

William Mook could help with this, although you'd have to let him run the show.

Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / =93Guth Usenet=94

Reply to
Brad Guth

nologybeing 'exercised', for the purpose of humanity's long-term

tor

Mook has got too many things to concern himself regarding his repatriation... My guess is that he's tied down with other investments to become focused on a target that won't include his many other distractions, like Mok Energy... You talking about him making a major course correction in midstream? Naaaahhh, won't happen. He's not in it for nothing except the quick payoff - I'm in it for the long term. How should you figure that once a target asteroid has been inserted into the deepest parts of all the technology involved driving the mission to an asteroid, that Mook or yourself, for that matter, would wish to stay on course without backing down from the primary objective - to make yourselves rich? That's why Mook doesn't care. He's already in it too much for himself.

"It's pretty hard to sneak a ship through downside airspace without somebody spotting it. Oh, you can buy a hole - pay off the right people to not see you - but you've got Gunner Archenwald-Shen on your collective a___s, remember. You better make sure of your bought hole or Shen will know where and when you landed just about the time you touch down. But there's plenty of room to lift outward." He shrugged. "Nobody much cares. It's the incomings that get noticed."

The aim of an overindulgent society (i.e. trial lawyers, liberal justice system) within our own government helps drive the propoganda machine for a weak minded media elite. These insulars are professional at isolating what type of fix is needed for the hour, but can't break out of their own short-term profit prison to reformulate the connection to long-term strategy. Cheaper earth-to-orbit technology is the enabler of the industrialization of space through the various support industries of cheaper earth-to-orbit, autoclave, modular transport, and freighter design for asteroid mining - projects that could eventually dwarf the precious metal potential of the Federal Reserve Banks. Its no wonder the Strategic Launch Initiative has been such a boondoggle to space activists of the National Space Society, Space Freedom Foundation, Space Access Society, ProSpace, and the now anti-pro-private enterprise House Space Subcommittee.

But how does an investor or group of investors funnel their investment capital back into the required reinvention of technology and support industry, that would allow (an ultimately cheaper) R&D to subvert and overtake the expensive launch industry? By examining three types of R&D (emerging technologies on one end, current mainstay in the center and mature technologies on the other end ) one can easily visualize the ability of large corporations and companies to cover the spectrum on all three types of R&D. However, where "we" are in greater need of Mavericks and lone entrepreneurs to blaze the trail, where is the mainstay for more pure innovation, rather than just streamlining for greater and more efficient production? Has the mainstay become simply a tool for increasing the value of a company to stockholders? Or is there a refined business model that makes a great deal more sense for a new industrial revolution to take place? Does it lie in the dreamland of a way-too-perfect world, where innovation is as easy as avoiding interest rate regulation, tort law, EPA regulations, and UN Outer Space Treaty?

You can't say that Mook never contributed to the content of how new launch systems can and should be developed. But taking the first step in the direction of actually finding a launch site, and then avoiding the technical hurdles, requires not millions, but billions of investment money. As the systems become more intricately defined, it would seem that there is a need for greater security - and these days, IMO that's a premium on top of another premium. How many enemies are you creating when wanting to go back to the gold standard? Go ask Kennedy? What actions short of civil war would allow this to happen? There are those that believe that dumping a lot of precious metals into the market will result in macroeconomic ripples. What they fail to ascertain is the insertion of those metals back into the form of currency that we should be using. If there was more of a need for macroeconomic ripples, then you are allowed to disagree if you believe that the Federal Reserve sets the rates for platinum, which it would not if the privateers are the ones who set the price in the first place. Just because there is "policing" or "fear" that greed will run amok on earth is no reason to believe that the privateers are a bunch of pirates, either. You can arbitrarily set the price of platinum as low as you want, so the resource for platinum will then just "dry up" without replenishment." All this means is that outside of earth orbit, there are advantages to being closer to where the mining takes place. That's what I'm trying to do, is to stay on course by keeping a bulls- eye on those asteroids!

Reply to
American

: I'm very much with your long-term agenda, of allowing : future generations of K-12s to learn and advance from : the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

: The off-world metallicity is where the future action is, : and we'll need those metals unless cloning molecular : heavy elements can be achieved artificially and in : sufficient bulk.

Some of the details of the technlogy used in this system can be found at the following link:

0f5699b2942a0d38 I have not yet included the design for the fuel pellet injection system online as yet, but I do not really feel the need to, unless anyone is interested. A nice java rendition of the propulsion system, rendered in 3D mouse interactive, can be found at:

This has always been a concern of mine - the scope of the heavy lift technology that would be required for an asteroid mining system of this complexity, not only requires a human presence, but be heavily inclined to use remote-controlled, teleoperated assisted backup, if required:

And all of these systems are again dependent on SAR simulation being performed on a ground-based GAMS (Geosynchronous Asteroid Mapping Facility), followed up by scanned bore samples being placed in an 'evidence room', at the remote access mining facility. The technology is again, steeped into all of the pieces coming together in real time, which IMO, pretty much puts anyone not focused on the prize, 'out of the loop', so to speak:

Notice that the inventor of the software was a contractor with Lockheed in the above link. No doubt there are benefits with a 'peacetime military', as a project of this scope is being launched. The same is true with all other associated technologies - mining the asteroids pulls in not only the metals markets, but based upon the return potential (in millions of trillions of US dollars), dwarfs the Federal Reserve Bank, and puts the economy right back into space, where it belongs!

Reply to
American