RJ-9 Jack?

I need to make a short 6" extension cable with an RJ-9 male (like a hand set)on one end and RJ-9 female on the other.

I have searched for a punch down female and can't seem to find one. Does such a thing exist or are they all PCB mount?

Thanks

RR

Reply to
rrold1

I need a straight (not spiral) cord if that is the type that your supplier has. I am trying to extend a jack to the outside of a case so a temporary connection can be made without removing a screwed down cover.

The female to female converter/unions are a bit bulky and are just the PCB type connected to both sides of a "jumper" board. We could just solder the leads to a PCB type but a punch down would be much faster and not so tedious.

Thanks

RR

Wouter van Ooijen

wrote:

Reply to
rrold1

I have not seen them in shops. But my supplier has cheap read-made extension cables, so if I needed one I would buy one. Alternatively, female-female converter blocks are also very common.

Wouter van Ooijen

-- ------------------------------------

Webshop for PICs and other electronics
Teacher electronics and informatics

Reply to
Wouter van Ooijen (www.voti.nl

The females on the extensions are (almost?) as bulky as the female-female connectors. Afaik they do not contain a PCB.

check

click 'log in als demo gebruiker', seach tel-0019b.

Wouter van Ooijen

-- ------------------------------------

Webshop for PICs and other electronics
Teacher electronics and informatics

Reply to
Wouter van Ooijen (www.voti.nl

Thanks for the link but that appears to be an RJ-11, 12 or 14. I need a

4 wire (US handset style). It would be an odd item since I can't come up with any common uses except maybe a phone tap.

RR

Wouter van Ooijen

wrote:

Reply to
rrold1

Well, those little 4-pin thingies _will_ plug into a 6-pin RJ-11, RJ-14, or even an 8-pin RJ-45 - the pawl still engages; you just have to make sure it's centered, and of course you only use the connector pins that actually have wires plugged into them. ;-)

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise