extension headers

I have a board with 2.54mm male headers, 3 pins on one, 2 on the other, pointing skyward.

A small daughterboard sits atop, with female header/receptacles extending down.

BUT thanks to another part placed between the headers, the daughterboard can not sit down low enough to make contact. (That part ended up being upsized....)

We could rework the daughterboards when we get them, with longer females. But if we could buy male-female extensions instead, it would save a lot of time, effort and money.

Do such things exist, and if so what are they called?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David Lesher

Den onsdag den 10. januar 2018 kl. 22.50.58 UTC+1 skrev David Lesher:

these should work if the ar not too long

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

So, you need a few pins' worth of a wire-wrap socket to extend the reach.

Or, you could just replace the 'headers' with taller headers.

Reply to
whit3rd

Thanks, will check it out. I don't need much length but.

As for reworking the main board's headers, No Thanks. It's quite dense. I could see removing the 5 female headers from the daughter board, and replacing them with longer ones....

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David Lesher

Maybe something like this will work

Chisolm
Republic of Texas
Reply to
Joe Chisolm

they're called stacking headers.

Jasen Betts

Right answer. Not easy to find.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

since they are used for the arduino shields there are plenty on ebay etc. adafruit also have several sizes

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Digikey carries all sorts of things that work. Look under "rectangular connectors" and sort on female headers and then whatever pitch is needed. There are all sorts of different variations but you may need to search different keywords to find them. There are different styles of sockets so you need to find one that matches the existing pins. I found these in a minute or two (I've used all sorts of these things).

Reply to
krw

Do not know exactly the form/connector format you may be using, but how about Amphenol RVPX-P16DM2, or Molex 90147-1107, or Molex 90151-2120 or similar as "extensions" on one board?

Reply to
Robert Baer

For stacked headers you meed long posts. After selecting gold and instock, only 5 items were left, with 5,6,8,10 and 20 pins. Except for 5 pins, this matches what we can get from Adafruit. The rest are backorder, but OK, claimed to be only 3 weeks.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win