Pot shaft extensions Where can I get them?

Hi people,

I need a bunch of short shaft extension for 1/4" pot shafts.

We are adapting an existing product (not of our manufacture) so we can't just get a pot with a longer shaft.

I have searched Mouser but can't find any reference to such a thing. The pots have the serrated and split end on them and we need them about

1/2" or so longer. We can adapt the mounting of them to suit the shaft length within reason.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.



Reply to
Dave, I can't do that
Loading thread data ...

Take a look at

formatting link

If they don't have what you need then with quarter-inch shaft couplers and some quarter-inch rod you can probably do what you want.

If you have to deal with really funky serrated and D-shaft parts you can probably do so with longer set screws and/or appropriate inserts ripped out of matching knobs.


Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Since so few pots are being used nowadays, you may be out of luck and just have to fabricate your own.

Get 1/4 inch brass or aluminum rod. Cut to the length you need. Mill one end so you have a tenon that will fit into the slot. Drill a hole through both so you can press fit in a pin. If you have a lathe handy, that is a very easy job. Slot the other end or do whatever you need to do to have it fit the knob.


Reply to

For 1/2", can you buy knobs with a longer shank? Or modify the current knob, instead of the pot shaft?

Matt Roberds

Reply to

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.