rice cooker

Reminds of a hilarious event...

Back around 1976-1980 we had a series of Japanese exchange students.

They always came during July-August.

One time it was decided to treat the students to "Thanksgiving", turkey, dressing... the whole works.

To accommodate the crowd, it was all set up in a high school cafeteria, with each "mom" creating a table's worth of food, buffet style.

Our student, Keiko, walked all around surveying everyone's presentation, then declares in a VERY loud voice, "My mom's is best!" :-) ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
               Otherwise the dogs won't eat them :-)

My mother was a very good cook, as were my aunts. However, at family reunions we'd always eat one aunt's (my mother's sister) stuff. She always made cookies for us (had no children of her own). ;-)

Reply to
krw

It didn't matter what my mom made. Her, and my grandmother's cooking was the first to disappear from the 20'+ table. Boy, do I miss those days.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I bet that made your wife's day. :)

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

She was embarrassed. ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
               Otherwise the dogs won't eat them :-)

Some women can't take a compliment! :)

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Tapioca pudding is WONDERFUL :-) ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise my dogs will refuse to eat them :-)

And perfectly prepared tapioca pudding is Magical!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Semolina is made from wheat.It's the same stuff they make pasta out of.

Tapioca is (IIRC), the pith of a tropical palm tree, AKA manioc.

When I was a kid, I got kidded that tapioca pudding was harvested from frog pools ;-)

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

I always tell the kids that bubble tea (I presume bubble tea is familiar to everyone these days?) is made with fish eyes.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

It would be easy to convince a kid of that :-) ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise my dogs will refuse to eat them :-)

I once had a girlfriend who said it was fish eyes. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

This is the first i heard of bubble tea, somehow i do not think it is soda pop.

Reply to
JosephKK

The black things at the bottom are tapioca "pearls". The straw is just big enough diameter that the tapioca balls can be sucked up through th straw. It's also cut diagonally at one end so you can stab the heat sealed cover to make a hole -- the one in the photo looks like it was done wrong ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany