require: schematic for led remote temperature display

Want to build an LED display to show outside temperature in my vehicle.

temperatures from -30 to +100 farenheit apprrox.

Any sites with schematics and parts list, please and thanks.

Reply to
rglover1

I saw this site mentioned earlier in this group for other reasons, but would this be a possible example of what you are looking to build?

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Just curious...how often do you go driving around when it's -30 outside? That's gonna restrict your choices. I suppose there are places on earth where it never gets above 100F in the sun. That might be a number that's too conservative. At this point, all one can do is assume you've carefully considered your specifications and the impact on the available technology.

The answer depends on whether your objective is

1) know the outside temperature or 2) Build a neato keen LED gizmo.

If it's 1, I think I'd glue a bi-metallic thermometer on the outside of the winshield. Or go to Radio Shack, any department store, heck you can't hardly go anywhere that you can't buy a LCD thermometer with an external probe. Again the -30 might be a problem. If you can get the INSIDE temp up above 0, the LCD indicator might not be the issue. No way you could build one for what it'd cost you. Take a can of freeze mist to the store when you go check 'em out to make sure the indicator doesn't arbitrarily limit the minimum reading. mike

--
Return address is VALID.
http://nm7u.tripod.com/homepage/te.html