Relocating - need advice

Not Bostow baked scrod (what is that?), yum!

Crap! Other than barely acceptable coffee DD is only a place for cops to loiter around. ;-)

Gack. It's whole-bellies or nutin'.

Of what? CRUD?

--
  Keith
Reply to

Oh, come on, Jim. The snottiest people on the face of the planet are Manhattanites, followed closely by any other breed of southern New-yawkers. Nothern Jersyites are equally brain-dead.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Thanks all for your advice. It's wise to get both opinions (good and bad). I am sure that the air is usually cleaner in Sydney where I live, but the number of cars per capita is most likely similar to CA due to the large disparate distances people commute here. I'm sure when CA is finally putting some decent measures in to place to mitigate the smog (ahem), Sydney's smog will only just be getting unbearable :-) Just MHO.

I had no idea this thread would get so interesting though :-)

Antiriad.

Reply to
AntiriadElectronics

There are no ugly people in San Diego. There's a checkpoint on I-5, where they turn away the ugly people. So, hope you're good-looking! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

There's a continuous gradation of people in California from the Mexico border up to Oregon. In the South, they are gorgeous, fit, mindless, materialistic, and plastic. Up North, they are nice, thoughtful, sincere, and homely. I live right in the middle.

John

Right smack in the middle of leftist land ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Ugly women are a uniform distribution ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Not so. The distribution of ugly women is distorted by the non-uniformity of the distribution of taverns.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

Actually, the checkpoint is on I-15 at Temecula

--and it's pointed the other direction. It's not to keep ugly people out; it's to keep good-looking folks in.

Sometimes entire good-looking families make a break for it. They've had to post signs for motorist to beware:

8-)
Reply to
JeffM

And then there's the flag trick ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Gee, doesn't Gay Bacon live in the area? No such flimsy butterfly net is going to catch him! (I've been through that stop and I guess WASPs weren't on the most wanted list that day ;-).

--
  Keith
Reply to

Sure, they have a far more uniform density too.

--
  Keith
Reply to

I thought so too, but I'm told by people in the biz that it's any whitefish that they happen to find that day. ..thus "what is it?".

McD's law suit makes any corporate suit skittish. Never been to a KK, since they don't exist in these parts. I can't imagine that DD has 'em beat though.

Yep CRUD, as I suspected.

I wuz gogin to go on a Duck Tour of Toronto, but never got around to it. We took a boat tour of the harbor instead.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Nah, he's in Orange County. More than an hour away under best-case I-5 conditions.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Salary in San Diego is about 20% higher then national average, so about

70K -80K I would guess, new hires are starting around 65K in Los Angeles in my company. Of course this is just one example and there are many variables that can change this, the right experience can easily get you 100K.

(FWIW Real estate is very high and is out of whack with local average earnings (unless you supplement your income buying and selling real estate, which many do), plenty of open land but limited building permits artificially raises prices, a few of my friends sold their houses and are renting until the bubble bursts as rental fees are quite reasonable, I don't know it risky either way, few see reasons for selling since their house price doubles every 3 years, I don't blame them.)

Reply to
bungalow_steve

Fritz Coleman. (doing "the weather" from LAla land) ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Who told you that? I assume the info is 2nd hand :-).

Reply to
Clifford Heath

There's more where there's more beer - less Darwinism. :-)

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

That's

JeffM

"Best case"? IIRC it only took me two hours, by rental bomb, from SAN to Palm Springs, right by Escondido, including the slowdown for the "paper check".

--
  Keith
Reply to