relay coil inductance

Sure... in your fantasies.

Aside from that, you are still just another idiot.

Reply to
life imitates life

ink

with

were

low

fect

you

und

as a

il and

subject

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

Some use a really strong magnetic field.

Some use two sets of contacts. The low resistance ones get out of the way fast. The arc resistant ones back away in a more controlled manner and the arc is quenched after a short time to reduce the inductive surge on the wiring

There are also fuses where the fuse wire runs through a bunch of "sand" the sand falls into the arc and kills it.

Reply to
MooseFET

I always thought the sand is there to absorb the blast and molten metal.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

Do you really think so?

10 years? You bring a smile to my face.
Reply to
Jamie

That MUST be a lie, given how little you know about relays.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

"life imitates life" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

All the gear - no idea.

Reply to
ian field

via some

um rate.

tion

he

spike has

late on

lso

either.

crap

fast

,

Perhaps not. Maybe his lab notes look like this:

9:10 AM: Applied 12V to the relay coil and it goes click. It is amazing. 9:15 AM: Applied 12V to the relay coil and it goes click. It is amazing. 9:30 AM: Applied 12V to the relay coil and it goes click. It is amazing.

... etc ...

Reply to
MooseFET

On Sep 15, 5:19=A0am, "ian field" [... It doesn't matter to what I'm about to say ....]

Many years ago, I went to a 3rd world country. While there I was taken to the "electronics lab" in one city. They had nice benches with some first rate HP test gear set out on them. The room was the cleanest I had seen in the country. They had obviously made an effort to keep dust etc out of it.

I commented that I really liked the benches and tried to look as much like I was looking at how they were made as I could while I checked under them. There were no power outlets in the room.

They also had a computer in this building. It was powered on and actually worked. The daughter of one of the head guys (I think) had learned how to use it. She was a good looking woman who knew "vi". They guy I was with immediately proposed.

Reply to
MooseFET

That's pretty much the same thing.

Once, when I was in the USAF (ca. 1969), somebody made a mistake ordering a 15A fuse - they shipped a 15A, 15,000V fuse. It looked just like a 3AG, except it was about a foot long and about 2 1/2" diameter. We didn't have any use for it, so we took it apart. It was full of sand (well, you could see that through the glass) and the element consisted of five or six fine fuse wire elements, wound around a ceramic core with a star-shaped profile. (i.e., it only touched the ceramic core at the tips of the star, the rest was buried in sand.)

The voltage rating of a fuse is defined (well, was, according to the Mil. Spec.) as the highest open-circuit voltage that can SAFELY be interrupted.

I saw this principle in action once - I was working at an outfit that used 20A fuses extensively (for heating elements). There were a bunch of Mexicans working there, and they were using 20A, 32V automotive fuses in a 240V circuit. One day one blew, and it blew the cap off the fuse holder (the kind that the fuse slides into, and the cap bayonets onto the end), all the way across the factory. It's a good thing nobody happened to be standing in the line of fire at the time! :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Too bad my penis is bigger than yours. And that's all that really matters.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

If I may ask, how would you know that?

Reply to
Jamie

"life imitates life" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Did your dingleberries jangle when you farted?

Reply to
ian field

Why would you even want to know?

Michael A. Terrell

And you... all the mouth - no truth.

Fuck off, you little clueless bastard.

Reply to
life imitates life

More proof of your utter stupidity.

I never have dingleberries, and you apparently do not even know what the word means.

It is the little shit balls that cling to your ass.

I do not have any because I make sure my ass is clean after I excrete from it.

You, on the other hand, ARE a dingleberry.

Reply to
life imitates life

Except that it is not. Not bigger, and NOT all that really matters.

Why you would be intelligent asswipes "chime in" when a retarded, immature dumbfuck like ian mouths off, is beyond me, but it really takes you to a lower point than he is at.

Of course, you are not even intelligent, so immaturity goes without saying when one is talking about where your head is at.

Reply to
life imitates life

It could hardly fail to be bigger. By his own admission he "doesn't have a plonker".

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

Pity you don't do the same with your gob when you excrete from that.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

You're an idiot.

No, I do not set filters on anybody, so I do not use "a plonker".

You are so retarded that you think the rest of the world understands your retarded, and not so colorful at all stupid monikers for everyday things. You're a stupid fucktard and nothing more.

Reply to
life imitates life

"life imitates life" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Light your farts - the orange sparks are dingleberries burning up in the flame.

Reply to
ian field