relay coil inductance

That is what LIVES in the pond. The "pond scum" is the refuse and corpses of what lives/lived in the pond.

Reply to
life imitates life

I came from the stars.

You came from Beelzebub.

Reply to
life imitates life

I'm amazed!

You are the second "writer" to flaunt his ignorance. Most people like to hide their ignorance, not the two of you!

Oh well, it takes all kinds I guess.

--
"If you don\'t want your dog to have bad breath, do what I do:  Pour a
little

No, you're a trolling, dual core dipshit on Linux that thinks you are "something else".

Clue for ya... You ain't all that, you sumbitch.

Reply to
Herbert John "Jackie" Gleaso

You're a goddamned double sig retard as well.

Got any more retarded, judgmental baby bullshit, dipshit?

Reply to
Hattori Hanzo

Note that you contradicted yourself.

Note also that you are an ignorant berk.

Note also that you have no clue as to how inductive circuits behave.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

Your talent for being AlwaysWrong is holding up nicely. As is your affection for the by-products of life.

John

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Newsgroup Wacko

I guess that puts it into prospective.

Reply to
Jamie

Maybe that is why I tolerate total retards that do not even know how to properly operate a vapor phase parts washer.

Reply to
life imitates life

Since we do not normally gaze under a scope at a mere single specimen, in any normal context, they will always get a plural reference, and properly so. However, since we always know that we are referring to the mass itself, the remark algae is algae would not be completely incorrect as it generally refers to a cluster as a whole as opposed to the technicality that it is several individual specimens.

I'll bet you think that "a bud" is only one flower as well, when in fact, "a bud" is many many actual individual flowers. No need to confirm... you know I just busted you. "A bud is a bud."?? No, but you never said "a bud are a bud" either, didja? A bud is a cluster of flowers. So, "a bud is a bud" is not completely incorrect. One is not saying "those flowers are flowers". Essentially, what one is saying is "That cluster is a cluster."

So that algae over there is algae. Works, as would the term "are" as well.

So, it is YOU that doesn't know what you are talking about.

Reply to
life imitates life

Lick my salty chocolate balls.

Reply to
life imitates life

You're an idiot.

You're a retarded idiot.

I was playing with using old car generators to power my go-carts and playing with automotive coils and rebuilding lawn mower engines before you were even born.

I know what a flux field collapse spike is. Your father must have zapped you upside da haed a few times. You act like you have had to much electro-shock therapy in your life.

Reply to
life imitates life

Which of the following two statements is correct.

First statement: "The coil's flux collapses and creates a spike. The diode clamping that spike does NOT slow the spring loaded return time of the plate which is attached to the contact(s) as it pulls away from the solenoid core end face. So, the answer is NO. The magnetic field is collapsing, as in NOT "holding in" the relay any longer. The plate begins to pull away as soon as the power is removed, and the clamping diode does nothing to slow that process."

Second statement: "Note also that the diode is also the best at suppressing the spike. Note also that UNsupressed is the only way to get it fast. ALL the other methods slow it."

I repeat, you are an ignorant berk.

The relay will drop out only when the coil current falls below the hold-in current. Any suppression method allows the coil current to gradually decay to zero and must lengthen the drop-out time.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

YOU ARE ANOTHER MULITPOSTING BLOODY SOCK PUPPET TROLL AS WELL

I AM PROTEUS

Reply to
Proteus IIV

Wrong. You're an idiot. A diode does NOTHING to reduce current via some gradual decay, you dumbfuck.

It is a surge device, It eats the entire current, at its maximum rate.

That is not decay, you stupid f*ck.

The relay coil would drop out immediately by your retarded definition because the current is removed instantly in most wave forms from the drivers. The diode clamps the collapsing field's spike. That spike has no energy to provide the coil with anything that keeps the latch plate on it.

So you not only know nothing about the "inductive circuit", you also know nothing about the mechanical operation of the relay assembly either.

Reply to
life imitates life

I have to go to the barber first, in order to make a mulitpost.

Don't worry, I know you will not get it at all.

You are an idiot, Roy. Go away.

Reply to
Hattori Hanzo

Your wrongness is becoming a work of art. Nobody could be this consistently wrong by mere chance.

The Fujitsu small telecom-type relays that we use have about a 3:1 dropout time ratio, as measured at the contacts, for diode clamped versus unclamped coil drive respectively.

Try it on some real relays yourself.

John

Give the numbers, asshole, not your "about" ratio.

How many milliseconds?

Note that if the numbers for 3.3 V relays show significantly faster performance than those 12V numbers that were given showed, all this crap discussion is moot because it no longer matters, as all methods are fast enough.

Reply to
life imitates life

The coil voltage won't affect armature speed for a given relay type, except that the diode clamp voltage to coil voltage ratio will affect dropout if you're diode clamping: 0.7 volts is a bigger fraction of

3.3 than it is a fraction of 12.

I suggested that *you* try it, to see if a clamp diode changes dropout time; you seem to be saying that it doesn't. I'm sure not going to set up an experimant to prove anything to you; you wouldn't believe me if I did, or you'd find a way to weasel.

John