Reflow soldering for dummies

Shipping 2-3 kg for a reasonable size stencil from China will likely be a few times that though, but it should arrive reasonably fast.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

That's quite the stencil. What's the panel size?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Den torsdag den 2. juni 2016 kl. 01.07.04 UTC+2 skrev Phil Hobbs:

from the page

Effective Area Total Size Price Weight

19.0 x 29.0 cm 37.0 x 47.0 cm $20 1.51kg 24.0 x 34.0 cm 42.0 x 52.0 cm $28 1.98kg 37.0 x 47.0 cm 55.0 x 65.0 cm $44 3.20kg 27.0 x 37.0 cm 45.0 x 55.0 cm $36 2.15kg 40.0 x 40.0 cm 58.4 x 58.4 cm $44 2.97kg

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

This is our standard stencil.

Framed like this, it costs around $300.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I was wondering what the "frame" was. The stencils I've seen (at either the PPoE or our current CMs) don't have a frame.

Reply to
krw

That fits into our stencil printer machines, somehow.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

A prof. I know said you need 1/2 of a beer to do fine layout work... that would leave me a small time window as the other 1/2 beer sat there... :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

If the programmers writing autonomous vehicle software are in the Ballmer peak, will they get charged with DWI?

Reply to
krw

Grin... that's much above 1/2 a beer. The prof is an Irishman, and would certainly suggest 1/2 a Guinness. and happily consume the other 1/2 in the name of science.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

One beer greatly improves my skiing. Same idea.

One rum and coke works about as well.

lunatic fringe electronics

We have no problems with 0402 in production. Maybe we're just lucky :-)

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

It seems that it should improve your driving, too. Does the officer buy that story? ;-)

Reply to
krw

I don't think it does. Driving involves a lot of attention, whereas skiing works better if you don't think about it too much. Crashing while skiing is not usually a big deal. In fact, I worry if I don't crash once in a while on skis. Crashing cars is a nuisance.

lunatic fringe electronics

Ah, I see. In one, crashing is good. ;-)

Reply to
krw

If this is a one-off prototpye, then why not consider handplace and hand solder each component?

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

Interesting, thanks. So you don't generally panelize stuff going through that swoopy new P&P?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yes, many boards are panelized. Those stencils are downstairs. I'll take some pix. The frames are the same, I think.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Here's one I bought recently. I want to say it was around $150-200 USD including shipping. It has both sides of 4 panelized boards.

It's about 43 x 52 cm and fairly light (~700g), but they packed it with cardboard and sheets of sacrificial material from PCB making- kind of a masonite dense kind of stuff- to keep it intact, so maybe

2kg total.

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany