Reference for PCB test fixture design?

Sounds pretty close to what I actually need. Maybe add some non-PTH holes to the board for registration (outline is not clean).

I'm tempted to buy one of the press kits from the usual overseas sources just for the halibut. About 3kg so the shipping won't be cheap.

Ha.. yes they're stabby little b*ggers.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

DFT means design for test... sounds like it's too late for that.

Reply to
TTman

DFT was used as much as possible. If you saw the images, you can see there were severe space limitations. DFT doesn't mean push back on the requirements and tell your customer you want to design something else loosing the job.

This design tests very easily. As I indicated a test fixture is used that the DUT is plugged into. Works the champ.

Reply to
Rick C

mandag den 19. juli 2021 kl. 08.22.37 UTC+2 skrev Spehro Pefhany:

we use some of these:

mounting holes on the pcb fits on guide pins and the plastic posts on the clear lid pushes the PCB down when the top is closed

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

A quick touch with a Metcal stops the bleeding.

For a small board, maybe use one of the toggle pusher-down things that machinists use. Foam on that and some alignment posts below, into your registration holes.

Our test takes seconds, so we just push with a finger. If it fails, we throw it away.

You could push it down manually and slide in some things from the side to lock it down. Washers loose on spacers or something, or some fancy machined thing. That would leave the top accessable for probing.

Reply to
jlarkin

mandag den 19. juli 2021 kl. 17.19.23 UTC+2 skrev snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com:

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Cool. I just ordered some to play with.

Reply to
jlarkin

Toggle Clamp. There are too many kinds.

.

.

Joe Gwinn

Those things are stupid cheap in China- like a dime, but nobody seems to have a great drawing or 3D model.

I've seen them with a bar screwed to two of the release levers so one side can be released at once.

Would be interested to know if they're useful

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany