Real cause of Australia's bushfires after it emerges more than 180 people have been arrested for starting them

A further response from the Victorian (one of several states most involved) police:

Not even a single arsonist. Stories of arson just suit the anti-AGW folk, the mining lobby, and the news media.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I was talking about incidents in the United States, but I'm sure that it has happened in many other countries.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

Nah, it's true unfortunately. We have some deranged folks who will do that and some children as well. It is also common for volunteer fire men to do that so they get some action. Proportionately they are a minority of fire starting reasons, as you know it gets hot here and tinder dry so a lightning strike or spark gets things going quickly and chuck in the winds we have and away you go!

--
Rheilly
Reply to

Yesterday, for sure.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Whoosh. Try reading what I wrote, and the article I linked.

Yes, there are arsonists. Yes, some of them have been firey's.

None of that is known to have happened in Victoria this fire season. There were not "180" nor "200" such incidents anywhere in Australian this fire season.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

John Larkin believes in the perfection of the free market.

A rational formulation of his claim might be that while editors do select w hat gets published from those stories that their reporters chose to write u p, they chose on the basis of what they think their readers want, and get f ired if they do it wrong for too long.

Rupert Murdoch's media empire makes it clear that his employees also get fi red if they chose to publish stories that Rupert Murdoch doesn't like even of the general public does.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

So sorry old chap.