REACH Certification

I am being asked to certify my products under REACH. I have not heard of this before and the initial searching I did seemed to indicate it is about chemicals rather than products. Anyone here had to deal with REACH? Does it actually apply to assembled electronics?

--

Rick
Reply to

Yes, it might. Since many components have chemicals in them, including the plastic cases of the components or even the whole device, they could, POSSIBLY, contain one of the restricted substances. get your distributors to certify the components are compliant. I'm sure no expert on all this, but I'm trying to keep on top of it.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Good luck getting any response. Vendors like Amazon, Canon and Kester, to name a few biggies do not disclose. Digikey does not even recognize valid Kester part numbers. I now understand that it is merely a request and not law, so one could File And Forget. And to be "visible", make sure the levels are metric TON levels per year..

Reply to
Robert Baer