REACH

Jan 25, 2014

RE: Providing RoHS declarations and complying with EU REACH obligations by joining the BOMcheck substances declarations web database.

We are writing to you to gather regulatory compliance information about the articles (e.g. products, parts, components) that you supply to [our company]. This will enable you and us to comply with legal obligations in the EU REACH Regulation 1907/2006, and for you to provide the materials declarations that we need to comply with the RoHS2 Directive

2011/65/EU and other substance regulations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.

From 28 October 2008 when the first Candidate List of substances of very high concern (SHVC) was published, Article 33 (1) of the EU REACH Regulation 1907/2006 places a legal obligation on all EU suppliers to inform [our company] whether the components or assemblies supplied to us contain any of these substances of very high concern in concentrations >

0.1% w/w. Similarly, [our company] is required to inform our EU customers whether our products contain > 0.1% w/w of these substances. The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) adds more substances to this list every 6 months and the disclosure obligations start immediately every time a new updated list is published.

From June 2009, Article 67 of REACH places a legal obligation on all EU suppliers to comply with the substance restrictions listed in Annex XVII of the EU REACH Regulation when they supply components or sub-assemblies to Oil 4 Less LLC. Similarly, Oil 4 Less LLC is required to comply with these substance restrictions when we supply our products in the EU. Oil

4 Less LLC also requires our suppliers to provide materials declarations for RoHS2 compliance.

Oil 4 Less LLC prefers not to receive compliance information individually from each of our suppliers every six months when REACH is updated. Therefore, we require all of our suppliers (including Suppliers

whether you will comply with these regulatory requirements by joining BOMcheck - the centralised, open-access substances declarations web database

BOMcheck is an industry-wide initiative which is led by Siemens, Philips, GE, Sony Mobile, Agfa, Toshiba, TE Connectivity, Texas Instruments and FUJIFILM and has been developed by ENVIRON.

If your company already has a Supplier Account on BOMcheck then please

and indicate that you are a supplier to [our company]. If your company does not have a Supplier Account on BOMcheck then please join BOMcheck

parts list is attached which we will expect you to complete in BOMcheck

BOMcheck is a regulatory compliance tool designed specifically to enable suppliers to provide materials declarations for REACH, RoHS and other regulated substances in North America, South America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Please visit

to find out about the benefits BOMcheck provides to suppliers (for example, you can attend a free training webinar or play a recorded demonstration), including:

? Expert guidance to create substances declarations for your parts lists. BOMcheck is the only declaration tool which explains where the REACH and RoHS substances are found in hardware and electrical and electronic equipment, and any exemptions that apply. Upload your declarations with minimum effort by creating a single substance declaration for a list of part numbers which are manufactured using the same set of materials, and then attaching the list of part numbers. ? Keep up-to-date as new substances are added to REACH and RoHS. BOMcheck e-mails suppliers immediately when new substances are added to REACH and when the RoHS exemptions change, and provides detailed guidance. Suppliers can update the substances declarations for their parts lists and submit new declarations at any time.

? Attach your electronic signature to the substances declarations. BOMcheck sets up electronic signature arrangements for the supplier so that, under the US regulations, the supplier's electronic records on BOMcheck are equivalent to paper records with handwritten signatures. Suppliers can make their substances declarations confidential to certain manufacturing customers, or viewable by all manufacturing customers who are members of BOMcheck. Suppliers can also attach PDF test reports to support their substances declarations.

? Inform your manufacturing customers. [our company] will access supplier substance declarations data directly from BOMcheck. This saves suppliers time and costs. Suppliers can also e-mail their data directly to any manufacturing customer who is not on BOMcheck yet.

In return for these benefits, suppliers pay a low-cost subscription of

300 Euros year to join BOMcheck. We believe that this represents excellent value for money.

Many suppliers are also manufacturers and have their own supply chains, for example an assembly supplier who purchases components to go into the assembly. These suppliers can set up a free manufacturer account with ENVIRON and use BOMcheck to manage their own supply chains, provided that they forward this letter to their own suppliers.

whether your company already has a Supplier Account on BOMcheck or

will conclude a separate contract with ENVIRON by following the instructions at

Further details are available at

We look forward to your cooperation in this important matter and to

Yours sincerely

[our company CEO]

. Our company already has a Supplier Account on BOMcheck. We will update

(delete as applicable)

Notified by [our company]

Reply to
Robert Baer

And the EU only has 4 people checking for compliance ;)

When I did a RoHS project a year or two ago, On Semi and Ti had the IPC-1752's availble on their web sites for each of their components. Since then, everyone seems to have them. But it appears the 1752 format has changed, I'm probably going to get sucked into deciphering this stuff again.

Martin Riddle