Re: Would magn. pole reversal actually mess up electronic equipment?

>Wouldn't it take more than one neuron for me to be able to post here?

With so many posting here that have no plurality of them that properly function, you included, no.

C'mon. It's a simple question. Given velocity relative to what?

You simply cannot grasp the concept that open space is what everything in it moves through.

That means that every star and every gas cloud and everything else in a galaxy is moving through space, and also spinning (in the case of most galaxies) about a central axis.

That means that each arm of the galaxy, full of billions of stars and other galactic elements, are all moving around that axis. Our solar system, and the local stars near us, are all moving through space at a given velocity. It doesn't have to be relative to any fixed object, ya dingy tart.

Scroll down to "Velocity"

_

Archimedes' Lever

Does everything? How can you tell whether something is moving?

You talked about a given velocity. Since velocities are always relative, your "given velocity" must be relative to something. But you have yet to say what.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Absolutely. There is not a single object anywhere in our universe that is not in motion.

Apparently much easier and much better than you can.

I gave you a link, and told you where to look. Can you really behave in a way that is even thicker than your skull? I guess so.

"Astronomers believe the Milky Way is moving at approximately 630 km per second relative to the local co-moving frame of reference that moves with the Hubble flow."

Try visiting the link, twit.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

This you know because?

On the face of it, if you can identify a specific velocity that an object has, then you can arrange for another object to be stationary. There would then be such an object, so the claim of knowledge that one does not already exist seems to go beyond what is reasonable.

Of course, that just begs the question of what it means to say that an object has a velocity without specifying what it's relative to.

But the proper conclusion is that it's not sensible to talk about things moving through space other than in the most informal terms.

Are you saying that the local space is that space that moves with the common velocity relative to the Hubble flow?

Sylvia

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Because there is no place in the universe that is absent the attraction of another mass.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

Wrong. Just because you reference it to another local object does not discount nor remove the fact that they are both moving. They do not have to be moving toward or away from each other.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

The speed at which the electrons and electro-chemical interactions between your neurons could safely be argued to be without motion.

Everything else is moving.

Known fact. Sorry.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

The velocity graph on the site differs with your claim.

So does every mass in existence since they came into existence after the big bang initiated. It is ALL moving.

Alas, even your frozen crude oil flow rate velocity neurons are.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

Sylvia,

You are wasting your time with this no-it-nothing. Maybe this will clear it up for him, but more likely not:

ON THE ELECTRODYNAMICS OF MOVING BODIES By A. Einstein June 30, 1905 ... Examples of this sort, together with the unsuccessful attempts to discover any motion of the earth relatively to the ``light medium,'' suggest that the phenomena of electrodynamics as well as of mechanics possess no properties corresponding to the idea of absolute rest. ...

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

Are you saying that the local space is that space that moves with the common velocity relative to the Hubble flow?

Sylvia

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Sorry, ditz, but you will no longer troll me.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

You mean you've looked back at your postings, and realised that you're in a hole whether you say "yes" or "no".

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

This from the ditz that stated that "space moves"?

Any cave man knows better than that.

Bwuahahahahahahahaha! I thought you were trolling, but now I see that you really are nothing but bone between the ears.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

That's no change for AlwaysWrong. He's *always* wrong.

Reply to
krw