Re: What's The Purpose of life?

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 22:38:35 +0200, Sjouke Burry

>>Lets blow it to pieces and rape 75 virgins > > Or corn-hole 75 Muslim males ?:-) >

Well, I see Jim's out of the closet now. ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Cynic

Is that someething that appeals to you?

Reply to
Richard Henry

42
nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

To design electronics, of course.

John

Yes, the purpose is to find ways to survive until tomorrow so you have more time to think about the purpose next week.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

The purpose of life is so that Spirit and Will can experience Love in physical form:

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

About the only thing that all life consistantly produces is shit. So maybe that is the purpose?

But more seriously, to enquire about purpose requires sentience. Can there be purpose in its absence?

All the best Ian Macmillan

Reply to
Ian Macmillan

Yeasts make alcohol from simple sugars without sentience, so surely the purpose of life is to make ale!

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

This will help more !!

hamilton

Every living thing is _sentient_, just not necessarily _conscious_.

If you poke an ameba, does it not flinch?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The purpose of life is to reproduce. Everything else (food, sex, social order, etc) is driven from this.

I forgot which writer it was (Asimov? Clarke?) which postulated that DNA's primary function was to survive and that all the variants of life on earth were created to meet this goal. The end result being a life form which could spread DNA to other worlds. Art

Reply to
Artemus

..

ve

Do

Human beings were created by plants, to liberate CO2.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

=20

So that's why they are allowed to proliferate so from time to time.

Reply to
josephkk

someone

(calling

that

But

wish I

making

has

sense

shown

is

that

only

input

=20

Let's start with your rather better defined term "Inference machine".

Reply to
josephkk

I've decided to be pro-abortion... because those on welfare and liberals are the most likely customers... natural selection ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Kevin Aylward expounded in news:1_x9p.25824$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe21.ams:

..

Isn't the purpose of life is to find even more ways to use a 555 timer? :)

Warren

Reply to
Warren

second=20

Welcome to the bandwagon. I will up you "Sure the abortion is free, we will just spay you at the same time".

Reply to
josephkk
  1. Obviously.

Reply to