Electronic Mind Control Website

Can any of the experts here provide an informed opinion on the content of this website?

Seems like alot of material, if nothing is really happening. Is there anything to worry about, or just more foil hat stuff?

Steve Former

Reply to
Steve Former

Imagine my surprise! I thought that would be a re-direct to Fox News...

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

My first reaction when I looked at it is "Another bunch of kooks". I certainly wouldn't take it seriously. I didn't get very far, just a glance, but it certainly has all the earmarks of the tinfoil hat.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Gill

I love the pic with the painted water tower.

"What are they trying to hide" ?

Locale churchs in Denver have "sold" their frontage to cell phone companies and the cell antennas were painted the color of the church.

Mind control is the trade mark of most churchs, so adding cell antennas must be further proof that this web site is also a bunch of kooks.

hamilton

Beck is gone, mind control will soon be a thing of the past, maybe........

Reply to
hamilton

Hi Steve

Read a little more here:

Ground Wave Emergency Network: Mind control:

Glenn

On 25 Apr., 14:11, snipped-for-privacy@marconi.com.uk (Steve Former) wrote:

Hi Steve

We do not even know how a neuron works. Then how do anyone to get control over another mind?:

2004-06-16, Sciencedaily: Gray Matters: New Clues Into How Neurons Process Information:
Quote: "... "It's amazing that after a hundred years of modern neuroscience research, we still don't know the basic information processing functions of a neuron," said Bartlett Mel. ... "For lack of a better idea, it has always been thought that a brain cell sums up its excitatory inputs linearly, meaning that the excitation caused by two inputs A and B activated together equals the sum of excitations caused by A and B presented separately."

"We show that the cell significantly violates that rule," Mel said.

The team found that the summation of information within an individual neuron depends on where the inputs occur, relative to each other, on the surface of the cell. ... While the results are promising, the team is certain this is not the final word on the pyramidal neuron. ... "Undoubtedly, this is still too simple a model," Mel said. "But the two-layer model is a better description, it seems, than to assume that the neuron is simply combining everything linearly from everywhere. That's clearly not what these data show." ... Mel emphasizes that the "arithmetic" rules he and his colleagues found in pyramidal neurons may not apply to all neurons in the brain.

"There are other neurons that have different shapes, inputs, morphologies and ion channels," he said. "There might be a dozen different answers to the question, depending on what neuron you're looking at." ... "We tend to view the brain as a computer," he said. "If we want to figure out how this computer works, we must first know how its separate parts function." ..."

It seems that our brain is dynamic:

Dec. 22, 2007 Neuronal Circuits Able To Rewire On The Fly To Sharpen Senses:

Quote: "... "If you think of the brain like a computer, then the connections between neurons are like the software that the brain is running. Our work shows that this biological software is changed rapidly as a function of the kind of input that the system receives," said Nathan Urban, associate professor of biological sciences at Carnegie Mellon. ..."

Dec. 27, 2005 MIT Researcher Finds Neuron Growth In Adult Brain:

Quote: "... Despite the prevailing belief that adult brain cells don't grow, a researcher at MIT's Picower Institute for Learning and Memory reports in the Dec. 27 issue of Public Library of Science (PLoS) Biology that structural remodeling of neurons does in fact occur in mature brains. ..."

Oct. 12, 2004 Under The Surface, The Brain Seethes With Undiscovered Activity:

Quote: "... There's an old myth that we only use 10 percent of our brains, but researchers at the University of Rochester have found in reality that roughly 80 percent of our cognitive power may be cranking away on tasks completely unknown to us. ... Placing the ferrets [dansk fritte
] in a darkened room revealed that older ferrets' brains were still humming along at 80 percent as if they were processing visual information. Since this activity was absent in the youngsters, Weliky and his colleagues were left to wonder: What is the visual cortex so busy processing when there's no image to process? ... Weliky found two surprises. First, while the neurons of adult ferrets statistically seemed to respond similarly to the statistics of the film itself, younger ferrets had almost no relationship. This suggests that though the young ferrets are taking in and processing visual stimuli, they're not processing the stimuli in a way that reflects reality. ... Accepting all the neural traffic of a conscious brain as part of the equation let Weliky get a better idea of the actual processing going on. As it turned out, one of his control tests yielded insight into neural activity no one expected. ... This suggests that with your eyes closed, your visual processing is already running at 80 percent, and that opening your eyes only adds the last 20 percent. The big question here is what is the brain doing when it's idling, because it's obviously doing something important." ..."

Mar. 8, 2008 Can Moths Or Butterflies Remember What They Learned As Caterpillars?:

Quote: "... However, scientists at Georgetown University recently discovered that a moth can indeed remember what it learned as a caterpillar. ..."

Well the spouse might have some control ;-)

Dec. 12, 2007 When She's Turned On, Some Of Her Genes Turn Off, Fish Study Shows:

Quote: "... When a female is attracted to a male, entire suites of genes in her brain turn on and off, show biologists from The University of Texas at Austin studying swordtail fish. ... This is one of few studies to link changes in the expression of genes with changes in an individual's behavior in different social situations ... "What we have not appreciated until now is how dynamic the genome is," said Hofmann. "It is constantly changing and even in a very short period of time, 10 percent of the protein-coding genome can change its activity. We now have a genomic view of these dynamic processes within a social context." ..."

Swordtail fish:

Apr. 23, 2008 Nurture Over Nature: Certain Genes Are Turned On Or Off By Geography And Lifestyle, Study Suggests:

Quote: "... Although Idaghdour initially hypothesized that environmental factors would play a role in gene expression, he didn't expect such large differences. About 30 percent of genes were differentially expressed between urban dwellers and mountain agrarians. ..."

Reply to
Glenn

Beck is going blind... some untreatable optic degeneration, so he's retreating to other than on-air venues.

You might want to watch Fox News sometime, so you can learn about all the ways that Obama is screwing you over. For instance...

You might think the government meddling in business as shown in "Atlas Shrugged" is far-fetched? Check out present NLRB meddling in North Carolina to prevent Boeing from opening a plant there. ...Jim Thompson

Liberals are so ignorant they don't know the definition of ignorant

Is this what Beck has stated on his show ?

Others think differently:

"Glenn Beck's talk show is being dropped by the Fox News Channel after sinking in the ratings and suffering financially due to an advertiser boycott."

"Well it appears that all of the posturing and rhetoric in the past few weeks regarding the contemptuous relationship between Glenn Beck and Fox News has lead to something after all. In an exclusive to his website TheBlaze.com, Fox News and Mercury Radio Arts (Beck?s production company) have jointly announced that Glenn Beck intends to transition off of his daily program. "

But I do agree there is something wrong with his eyes, he has myopia.

(2) (3)

The match made in haven, is not.

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

Beck said so himself in several interviews with O'Reilly.

AFAIK, the ratings are down only a few points. Not surprising after an initial splashy introduction.

If your only source of info is Gannett, you are already brain-washed :-)

You are ignorant. He is indeed going blind... incurably so. I don't remember the disease name, but it's a degenerative slow lose of retinal function. ...Jim Thompson

Liberals are so ignorant they don't know the definition of ignorant

4016.htm

tm

Well said, Glenn.

I'll add just this: in research-level equipment designed to help people afflicted with neural injuries or diseases, it has proven extremely difficult to extract enough information from the brain with surface electrode arrays to control more than a few simple things - the dimensionality and bandwidth is pretty limited. It is currently impossible without direct contact (or being inside a large imaging device), and at this stage sophisticated controls (say, of prosthetic devices) becomes much more feasible with implanted electrodes. The inverse application - control of the brain - is at least as hard, though there are some things that can be done if all you're trying to do is some gross effect like incapacitation (e.g. taser). Trying to control specific thoughts is ludicrous. We don't know where those sorts of things are in the brain (other than some really crude general areas), don't know how they are encoded, how they're processed, stored, retrieved, or what might cause them to change. We don't have much of an understanding of how normal brains differ from those who have serious mental disorders (e.g. schizophrenia), nor how to help them other than with some pretty crude drugs having a variety of serious side- effects. Attempting to change something very localized in the brain without causing widespread effects without some implanted device is currently inconceivable. There's increasing funding and research working towards motor control capabilities - as with spinal cord injuries, for example - but even with implanted electrodes this is a difficult research area.

Reply to
cassiope

[Glen Beck]

That's too bad; I hope he receives the support he needs to continue enjoying his life.

That being said, perhaps he could move in with Jack Rebney? :-)

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

He has family and, IIRC, children.

Who is Jack Rebney? Who is John Galt ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

Liberals are so ignorant they don't know the definition of ignorant

Sometimes described as, "The Angriest Man in America." :-)

-->

-->

He went blind from glaucoma a handful of years ago now, unfortunately. He lives high on a mountain in northern California in a small cabin working as the caretaker for a rustic little fishing resort these days.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

How about Fox themselves:

"On Wednesday, Fox News announced that it was ending Glenn Beck?s daily cable-TV show."

hamilton

You not quoting Fox News, you're quoting a known liberal rag's read on Fox' announcement.

You probably think that NYT is an unbiased new source ?:-)

Try for a little variety in your source material. Try...

As a start.

I also scan thru these every day...

Though those three have their individual biases. "hotair" is essentially just a headline streamer for _many_ sources.

Go have a "pink slime" burger at McD for lunch... it'll make you feel important ;-)

Have you ever watched O'Reilly's show? I doubt it. ...Jim Thompson

Liberals are so ignorant they don't know the definition of ignorant

Thanks for the banter guys, but I was hoping some of you would have a bit of a closer look at the actual content of the website, and the off-site links.

Again, it is:

http//:

I am sure there is alot of BS, but "where there is smoke there is fire", and there certainly seems to be a fair amount of it wafting around this subject.

Maybe too much to just write it off. Not that I need another excuse to be paranoid :-)

Steve Former

Reply to
Steve Former

Macular Distrophy, last I heard.

Reply to
krw

Were you born this stupid, or did you give yourself a lobotomy?

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Do we have to pick one?

Reply to
krw