Re: VSWR doesn't matter?

In analog TV transmit systems with a typical 500+ foot length transmission

> line from the tx to the antenna, a 5% reflection from a far-end mismatch

can

be quite visible, showing as a "ghost" image that is offset from the main > image as related to the round-trip propagation time of the transmission > line.

I've noticed that, at least in this area, Fox 39 (WQRF) has a ghost of a few microseconds (I forget what exactly, I've calculated it before). Something like 500 feet, IIRC.

Tim

Tim Williams