Re: Unsmoothed car battery charger - is it crap?

My car battery is oversized for the car. The battery is a bit old

>but usually works fine. The battery is flat (I left the lights >on). > >My fancy new modern charger senses a poor battery and only puts in >very little charge. > >I used to use a really old charger to charge this battery >successfully. I opened up the old charger and saw it was only a >transformer and a big rectifier. That's it. No soothing. > >Is this ok for a car battery or is it way too crude?

Electrons are electrons to the battery. If they are at high enough potential to cause a charge condition on the battery, they will.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Well!!! My electrons are smaller than your electrons; take THAT!!

Reply to
Robert Baer

I was kind of worrying that unsmoothed AC might not be too good for the battery.

Reply to
Eddie

That's what the diodes are for, it never actually alternates.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

You said you saw a diode, so how is it that you forgot that it is NOT AC?

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

It's not unsmoothed AC, it's unsmoothed DC. The battery doesn't care.

Reply to
James Sweet