Re: Thanks to those that help with my IP problem.

After taking advice from a couple here about the

> oscillating issues with an output of a IP valve. > One suggested a accumulator(expansion) got me thinking. > I got out my old (old), mechanical engineering > book and found a subject on it. > After going through a few calculations I was > able to reproduce the same osc freq mathematically. > using the physical lay out we're using. > with that, I was able to come up with an expansion > capsule to add on the output of the IP unit. Saturday > I went into work and had the mechanic help me assemble > one in the fab shop. > > The unit no longer oscillates. > The trick was to have the inlet and outlet pass > each other inside. > > Thanks to those that pointed me in the correct > direction, very much appreciated. :) > > You may find this hard to believe. The company > contracted an outfit to come in and look at this > problem and some other high pressure steam related > issues. This outfit came highly recommended due to > their expertise in the field. They concluded that the > IP valve was bad and left. > We had already changed the IP valve with a new one so, > I guess having a professional label on your chest means you > get paid for the day regardless if you resolved issues or > not. I wasn't available at the time they were looking at it > so I couldn't dispute the facts with them.

At home, a professional is defined (to my wife's dismay), as someone who will come to our house and screw up our stuff for money, when I can damn well screw it up for free!

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott