Re: Success!

Success!

> > See... > > Newsgroups: alt.binaries.schematics.electronic > Subject: Success ;-) - Success.jpg > Message-ID:

So the next time Jim posts something that ain't so, he's going to have to rely on his claque to tell him that he's being an idiot.

As Will Rogers said "It ain't what you don't know that will hurt you, it's what you think you know that ain't so" and Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson knows a lot of stuff that ain't so.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

The self appointed emperor will certainly get a new set of clothes.

Reply to
Don Bowey

--- Jeez, Bill, I don't know why you get on Jim's case about reality when he seems to be doing just fine with it. Nice family, nice house, plenty of money, plenty of clients who, AIUI, seek him out instead of his having to beat the bushes for work, etc., etc., etc., so he seems to know enough about reality that he can control his environment to the point where what he knows is driving it in the direction he wants it to go.

You, on the other hand, seem to be unable to recognize what's needed, in reality, to get work, even though you claim you want work, since you don't get work.

The reality of it is that you really don't want work but don't want to admit it, and are willing to blame everyone and everything else for "conspiring" to keep you from getting work by putting up obstacles which you can't overcome.

Then, in the same breath used to decry the "forces" keeping you from working, you vehemently insist that yours is the only voice speaking the truth and that those who disagree with you are incapable of seeing reality as you see it, and must, therefore, be wrong and/or stupid.

Seems Will Rogers was right.

JF

Reply to
John Fields

Jim does appear to know the business he's in and to do well in it. He doesn't know much about anything else, and what he thinks he knows about that outside world is mostly laughably wrong.

What I need to do is to get out of the Netherlands, and it's going to happen in a few years. I'd like to work here, but I'm 65 and the Dutch generally don't hire people of my age.

This is your hypothesis. You've not got any evidence to support it, but since you are too dim to understand concepts like evidence, you feel free to believe what happens to suit you.

I don't think the general Dutch preconceptions about who is employable constitute a conspiracy. The interested parties who get together to discuss the subject all declare that everybody should stay at work until they turn 65 and longer, but there hasn't yet been much action on dismantling the bureacratic barriers to employing the elderly. I had a job interview in January, which means that the Brunel employment agency doesn't share the general prejudice, but Philips Lighting didn't hire me, allegedly because one of the other candidates had more experience with the kind of switching power supplies Philips were interested in developing. That could well be true.

Where have I "decried" these forces that keep me from working? You are letting your imagination run away with you - not for the first time, you lying piece of shit.

I've never claimed that I've got any exclusive right or capacity to speak the truth. Jim Dupeson does get it wrong very frequently, but I don't claim that he is stupid. Your tendency to make obviously false statements does suggest that you might be pretty stupid, but you could also be deranged.

If that were the case, you - or more likely one of the more competent members of Jim's claque - would be able to cite evidence to prove it. None of you do. When you've learned how to construct a convincing evidence-based argument, someone might take you seriously, but my guess is that hell will have frozen over before that happens.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

He's jealous that Jim did what he couldn't. Plain and simple. Bill is so full of hatred over it that he has become totally delusional.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I might be jealous of what Barry Gilbert did that Jim couldn't, but in fact I'm happy enough with what I've done. I'd like to be in a position to do more of it, but that is proving difficult to arrange. And don't forget that I too have got a nice family, a nice house and enough money to fly back and forth to Australia from time to time, and a better wine cellar than Jim has - most of which I owe to my wife and the choices I've made that have helped her career, but that doesn't make my situation any less comfortable.

If completely wrong.

Now there's a delusion for you. Jim may hate me - he did go to the trouble of reporting me to the FBI

"Since you have exhibited extreme anti-American behavior here in this newsgroup I simply pointed out said behavior to ICE and a few of my friends within the FBI."

but I'm afraid that I can't get that excited about his comical delusions. I do go to the trouble of pointing that that his delusions are comical from time to time, but I haven't got anything better to do with my time at the moment. Hatred is made of sterner stuff.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman