told'ya so

Once the Fed pretends that it can control the economy and the markets, the Fed volunteers to get all the blame. Why would they be so stupid?

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You can be worse than Jan with your crypto speak. How about this quote from the article?

"Apple Inc. and Boeing Co. plunged on disappointing results as the two accounted for more than half of the Dow Jones Industrial Average?s

223-point slide."

So are Apple and Boeing part of the Fed now?

--

Rick
Reply to

The Fed pretends no such thing.

The Fed has a dual mandate, due to the Humphrey-Hawkins ( Hubert Humphrey and ?whatsisname Hawkins ) Full Employment Act of 1978. Its components are price stability and employment. Both are to be maximized.

Don't hold to the old Phillips Curve maxim that these trade off. The Phillips Curve is pretty shot up. Galloping productivity increases will do that.

The Fed has been holding the money supply back, to the point to where the 2% growth target is now treated as an upper limit. You won't find price stability better than this short of actual deflation.

QE{I,II,III} were sleight of hand - no real, fungible monetary-velocity-money changed hands. It all went to bank reserves, where it rots.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

}snip{

Sorry Billy Boy, I'm not going into that whole discussion again. And then again and again and some more. You'll have to do it with your records of our previous conversations. And of course anything I'd like to say additionally about it so now and then, like just now. Good luck with that.

joe

}snip{

Reply to
Joe Hey

You never actually got into it at any point.

You complain about an inability to predict, but can't be bothered to document what's been predicted.

Why would I waste my time? You don't ever say anything meaningful, except that you dislike stuff that's too complicated for you to understand, without actually admitting that you can't understand it (though you do make it obvious).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Here we go again; bad lip synch - only it seems to be slightly variable in this vid. Are not the news studio workers supposed to be professional and know how to do things?

Reply to
Robert Baer

I only read the text on that page. I have a video blocker in Firefox (works with HTML5 as well as Flash) and I rarely enable videos. Most videos start with stupid ads.

lunatic fringe electronics

Not only do they start with stupid ads, but watching a video takes a lot more time than reading text.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

not if you install adblock+ which also removes some of the risk of getting something nasty served by the ad networks

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

snip

So you miss the entire video, just because you are too much of a pussy to look out the window until the add passes. Most youtube videos that include ads allow them to be skipped 54 seconds after they start.

You miss out on a lot.

You remind me of this guy:

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I read about 400 WPM, and I don't like to wait through a stupid ad, to then be paced by some stupid slow narration.

I'm not going to wait through that one either.

lunatic fringe electronics

It doesn't have any ads, you retarded twit. Most of them don't.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

must be one of your friends.

Jamie