Re: Anyone Using Skype?

> >> Jim Thomps> >>> Anyone Using Skype? Comments? > > > [snip] > > I'll be using it fro overseas stuff. > > Oh, BTW, you can shop around and subscribe to one of the discount > overseas plans. I use that for overseas clients, works fine. I've had > phone conferences where one party used VoIP. Horrible, mostly. POTS > rulez :-) > > I use AT&T for overseas. A bit pricey but super quality lines. Some > Europeans use the best deal du jour, changes a lot. When they call it's > often pop, crackle, hiss. Sometimes it does work though. If you only > need the occasional call CostCo carries an overseas phone card. Lots of > minutes for $30, IIRC. Depends on whether the country you call still has > a monopoly, then it'll be expensive no matter what. > > [...] > > -- > Regards, Joerg > >
> > "gmail" domain blocked because of excessive spam. > Use another domain or send PM.

I just started using Vonage (no AT&T available in southern Rancho Cordova, where we just moved) and it works great.

Only problem was right at the beginning - the router didn't work; I sent in a complaint email, they did "something" on their end, and it works great. Clear, too. Also free caller ID. Only thing is, if power goes bye-bye, so does our phone line... but we got cell phones.

I use Comcast for the internet connection - maybe that makes a difference; higher speed than the cheapest DSL service I had before...

Michael

-- Consider: A million and a half new Americans are murdered every year by abortion. No other issue involves numbers that high. Nothing short of a full-scale nuclear or biological war between well-armed nation states would kill that many people, and we aren=92t in imminent danger of having one of those. Jobs? The economy? Taxes? Education? The environment? Immigration? Forget it. We do not have nine million people dying in a typical president=92s term of office due to bad job programs, bad economic policies, bad taxes, bad education, bad environmental law, bad immigration rules=97or even all of these combined. All of them together cannot provide a reason proportionate to the need to end abortion. Make no mistake: Abortion is the preeminent moral issue of our time. It is the black hole that out- masses every other issue. Presenting any other issues as if they were proportionate to it is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

mrdarrett