Re: R.I.P.

>James Ralph Thompson > >Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV > >Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV > >Age 90 years and one month! > > ...Jim Thompson

May he walk in new plowed fields, sing always on pitch, smell the roses and kiss the pretty girls. Sorry to hear he passed away, condolences.

Kuurus

Reply to
qrus19

Thanks! He sang bass in the church choir and performed in a hillbilly band (plucked dulcimer) right up to the time of the stroke ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Sorry to hear about your father, Jim. My condolences.

Were you able to get some recordings?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yep. Not only do I have recordings but I also have a dulcimer that he hand-made for me. (He made about 80 in all out of exotic woods like walnut, cherry, etc.)

...Jim Thompson

Maybe post a short piece of your father's music on your web site in his memory? But mind the copyrights that others in the band might hold, although they would probably give you their ok.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I'll have to learn how to do that. (I have only tape recordings.)

...Jim Thompson

You'll have to ask your grandkids to do that. They are much better with audio/video stuff than us crusted adults who grew up with them thar black CDs that turned in open air. I think the software to spool tape onto MP3 is Audacity.

Once it's in MP3 most people will be able to just click on the file and it'll play.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Audacity won't do MP3 unassisted it needs bladeenc or lame (or similar). there's also a patent on MP3 encoding, which means you should use a licensed MP3 encoder if you're going to put mp3s you made on an US website.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Hi Jim, My sincere condolances. Glad you had a trip to WV recently, though!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Yep. Only had to pistol whip my sister this trip ;-)

...Jim Thompson