Re: Qs on LPC313x reference schematic

Link below to the LPC313x reference schematic. I am designing a board

> based on this reference schematic. > > Page-4 - What is the purpose of 0ohm resistor packs on the EBI data, > address lines as =A0well as on some of the control lines? > > Page-3 - We are not using USB and ADC peripherals. =A0If we are not > using them, is it mandatory to give power to these peripherals and > disable them in software? =A0We would like to save on those bypass > capacitors, ferrite beads, PCB traces and size. > > Page-9 - What is the need for the buffer 74LVC2G07GW? Since there is a > pull down (R154) why can't we connect ADM811's reset out directly to > LPC's reset. We are not using JTAG, nReset_BRD, nReset_SUP4. > > TIA, > -bhav

oops..Here is the link.

Bhavani

Have no idea as to data rates or rise/fall times; would guess that these are place-holders for series line-matching resistors for Mister Justin Case.

Since you are not going to use those functions, then remove all of tha circuitry and program accordingly as you suggested.

Methinks you have answered your own questin.

Robert Baer

These are line impedance matching resistors added to the design "just in case" they were needed during prototype testing. Whether or not you will need them will depend on your design and layout, but if you didn't know what they were then I suspect you won't know if you'll need them in your design. They won't be necessary unless your design is high enough speed to warrant them.

You may be able to leave them floating or ground them, the datasheet should tell you that somewhere. You certainly won't need the bypass caps and ferrite beads in any case.

It's an open drain buffer, basically used an AND gate in this case.

You can do that, no problem.

Dave.

http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog/
Reply to