Re: Pretty Bloody Annoyed

--
I don\'t think so; I have better things to do with my life than
pretending to be you.

Sheeeesh! Slowman can't even _connect_up_ a 555 ;-) ...Jim Thompson

                           LOSE the WUSS
                          BRING BACK BUSH

:

ic

was

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson parades another one of his delusions. Since I managed to make a working phase-locked loop out of his MC4024 and MC4044 back in 1972, it seems obvious that I can cope with cranky components, and the 555 didn't get to be as popular as it was by being tricky to use.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

And your book is "101 things a boy can do with a 555".

It wasn't a hobby device back in 1974 when I first had occasion to look at using it.

The spec I was trying to meet was over-ambitious - the LM322

came a good deal closer to meeting it than the 555, but couldn't hack it either, and I wasted a good deal of time squeezing better - but still inadequate - performance out of an emitter-coupled multivibrator.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

--
And what\'s wrong with that???

I post lots of 555 circuits when the device is appropriate to use, while
you do nothing but kvetch about that the chip is fit for neither man nor
beast.
Reply to
John Fields