Re: Overview Of New Intel Core i7(Nehalem) Processor

What it means is that he uses another method for it. Duh. OR...

How much you wanna bet that he meant "internet" searches? (the OR)

Reply to
ItsASecretDummy

What I asked was a plain and basic question. Why did it confuse you?

When you need a part or a piece of equipment, how do you look for it?

John

No. The Cell IS a processor, idiot.

You're an idiot. You are not keeping up very well, boy.

Tell your crap to all of these companies. I am sure they would get a laugh from your stupid remarks.

Atmospheric Sciences Research Center Aerospace Corp Argonne National Lab Astek Corp Columbia University Computational Research Labs, India Digital Video S.p.A Dream Works Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition General Dynamics Robotic Systems Georgia Institute of Technology Georgia Southern University Honeywell-Defense Avionics Systems Isilon Systems Los Alamos National Lab Lawrence Berkeley National Lab LG Electronics MIT Lincoln Lab Naval Post Grad School Naval Underseas Warfare Center Oak Ridge National Lab, DOE Purdue University SAIC Sodankyla Geophysical Observatory Stanford University University of Alaska University of Akron, Ohio University of Buffalo, New York University of California, CalTech University of California Davis, CS Department University of Delaware University of Kentucky, Center for Visualization University of Maryland, Laboratory for Physical Science (LPS) University of Minnesota University of North Carolina, Charlotte Uviversity of Utah Uppsala University, Department of Cell & Molecular Biology U.S. Army Research Lab U.S. Air Force Research Lab (AFRL) U.S. Food & Drug Administration U.S. Naval Air Warfare Center U.S. Naval Post Grad School Wright Patterson Air Force Base

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

He? You really are stupid, DimBulb. Try reading the thread before sticking your foot in your mouth.

Just how does one go about being always wrong, AlwaysWrong?

Reply to
krw

Absolutely. I remember in my Cyrix days, we were worried about double-digit power. Triple-digit is ridiculous. The issue at the time was performance. Power didn't matter as long as there was some way of handling it. Fans suck (so to speak).

Reply to
krw

Always wrong, AlwaysWrong.

Ever more dim, DimBulb.

I can't help it if you fall for every story in Popular Electronics.

None, general purpose computers, DimBulb.

Reply to
krw

I've pondered that. Being AlwaysWrong implies always knowing what is right, but having a deep need for public humiliation.

John

There are several other larger and smaller search engines. The world doesn't end with Google.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

Larger than google? Which one?

Google gets something like 80% of all searches, so one may as well optimize your product data to be found by google. But once you do that, other engines seem to work pretty well too.

When people inquire about our products, we ask how they found us, and the answer is usually "google." One such phone call has led to megabucks of business. Print ads are probably not worth the cost any more... witness how thin Electronic Design is these days. Some of the industry directories may be worth it (NOT globalspec!)

John

Eyes, brain, fingers, arms.

How do you do it?

Reply to
ItsASecretDummy

Most of what I make is conduction cooled.

Reply to
ItsASecretDummy

Sorry, but this information did not come from a magazine, DipRW.

I know it is hard,but you are going to have to get over being wrong about this processor.

Pretty impressive.

You wouldn't know.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I guess that makes sense, since you're illiterate. Musta overheard the kids in Game Stop yakking.

Hardly, AlwaysWrong.

No, it really isn't.

You're the clueless one here, DimBulb.

Reply to
krw

Altavista, Yahoo, Lycos, Bing. They can be used to search for information just as well as Google does. The problem with Google is that it tries to find the most popular items. If you search for something rare then Google may not help you find it. Sometimes the other search engines do better at finding rare information. Anyway, none of the search engines do partial word matching.

Yes, but that is from an advertiser's perspective.

I doubt that. I have some first hand experience with that and I must say bulk faxing and printed ads do help as well to get traffic to your website. Being found is one step. If people have seen your company's name before they are more likely to click on your link.

Advertizing on internet is like a bird feeding its young. The one that somehow stands out in the crowd gets the food.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

That's a "feature"; things that are more linked-to get priority. That has spawned a zillion web sites that are eager to host a press release and a link, and put up google ads. One has to take advantage of that situation and play the game.

If you search for

Google seems too. "spee patho" hits speech pathologists. I often see partial-word matches.

That's always been the ad game. But now you can design a product and find customers for a fraction of the expense on the print-ad days. A single person can successfully design and market and start a company now, thanks mostly to search engines.

Try "cola" on Yahoo, Bing, Google, Search. Clearly different algorithms, but Coke is always prominent.

John

That is true if you are in a tiny high-end niche market but if you sell mainstream products you'll find yourself spending serious money on advertizing. I'm (still) partner in a small web-design company and I see this a lot with our customers. People think they can start selling stuff by putting a website online and sit on their asses from there on. That obviously doesn't work.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

I thought this company sounded familiar:

Of course she is.

Michael A. Terrell

Some of the multiple heatpipe designs will work OK fanless upto about

80-90W dissipation - assuming you have a 6" cubic ventilated space to put them in. Popular with overclockers with a fan on and folk wanting very quiet entertainment system PCs without (virtually silent if combined with the right PSU and SSD). They have odd names like Ninja2...

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

We spend about a $1000 per month on google clicks, and a total of maybe $60K a year on print ads, direct mail, directories, and opt-in email. But as far as we can tell, our best new-customer sales tool is free google searches. It does take constant work to make sure our products show up in the first page or two of a typical search.

John

deep packet inspection.

if you can get a SSH account outside their firewall you can use ssh (for windows use putty) to tunnel out to a NNTP server

I maintain a SMTPS server than runs on port 443 and has yet to be proven unreachable by any firewall which allows web access, unfortunately there's no NNTP with implicit TLS so the same trick can't be used for news.

Reply to
Jasen Betts