Re: OT: The Deep State defined

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 02:04:01 -0000 (UTC), John Doe

Bill has many hallmarks of a psychopath and I reckon he is one. You
see him use this continual put-downs of other people.Tick. He talks
down to others like he's some sort of superior being. Tick. He's
continually crowing about his claimed achievements in this or that
field. Tick. His postings are totally cold and lacking any trace of
humour. Tick. He is completely unable to empathise with others in any
way. Tick.Totally emotionless. Tick. The one biggie we can't see is if
he has a piercing, empty stare characteristic of the species as
identified by Dr. Robert Hare in his Psycopathy Checklist. I believe
John Larkin was unfortunate enough to meet Bill once so perhaps he can
tell us if the last point fits the puzzle.

https://exploringyourmind.com/the-psychopathy-checklist-by-robert-hare/

Only a tiny proportion of psychopaths are the deranged killer types we
get to read about in the newspapers. Many of them are (unlike Bill)
highly successful in their careers. Their ability to spot weaknesses
in others and to exploit those weaknesses ruthlessly frequently
results in them rising to the top in the fields of business, industry,
commerce, banking, the media and so forth. Just really seriously
unpleasant people for decent folk to have to encounter, basically.

Re: OT: The Deep State defined

Of course you do.

Cursitor Doom ,John Doe and Flyguy. That's not psychopathic but merely soun
d judgement.

I'm probably superior to those three three, but who isn't?

 field. Tick.

Scarcely continually. This one seems to free of any such boasting, for a st
art.

Cursitor Doom doesn't get my jokes. There may be a problem with his sense o
f humour, but then again he'd die laughing at his pretensions if he had one
.

He is completely unable to empathise with others in any  way. Tick.

Really? This isn't a forum where there's much opportunity to empathise, and
 Cursitor Doom might not be all that good at detecting it if it did show up
 - he can't detect humour either ..

None that Cursitor Doom can detect. He should have been able to pick up exa
speration from time to time

ristic of the species as

Cursitor Doom's imagination does seem to be running away with him here.

 he can  tell us if the last point fits the puzzle.

Not an encounter that I can recall. Cursitor Doom has probably a different
encounter - via e-mail - in mind.  John Larkin didn't behave well.

et to read about in the newspapers. Many of them are (unlike Bill)  highly
successful in their careers.

Cursitor Doom has a funny idea about what constitutes "success" in a career
, bu then he doesn't know much about electronics.

es ruthlessly frequently  results in them rising to the top in the fields o
f business, industry,  commerce, banking, the media and so forth.

Doesn't seem to work in engineering. I've run into an occasional examples,
and their unwillingness to help other people made them unpopular very rapid
ly. The kind of engineering I've done, working on complicated equipment, is
 always a team event, and you do have to be team player to survive and thri
ve.

nter, basically.

In the Cursitor Doom, John Doe and Flyguy class.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: The Deep State defined
On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 05:31:04 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman

contest or a test of wills in which there can only be one winner. "

Dr. Robert Hare

QED.

Re: OT: The Deep State defined

<snip>

eer, but
 then he doesn't know much about electronics.
sses ruthlessly frequently results in them rising to the top in the fields
of business, industry, commerce, banking, the media and so forth.
s, and their unwillingness to help other people made them unpopular very ra
pidly. The kind of engineering I've done, working on complicated equipment,
 is always a team event, and you do have to be team player to survive and t
hrive.
ounter, basically.
tunity?, a

And Cursitor Doom has just identified himself as psychopath.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: The Deep State defined
On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 15:49:28 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman

LOL! Anyone can check out your lengthy and exhaustive exchanges with
others on this newsgroup and see for themselves who's the one who
beats others down ad nauseam with the utmost relish, Bill. You're the
one who *always* has to have the last word. Typical psychopath.

Re: OT: The Deep State defined

e:
career, but
knesses ruthlessly frequently results in them rising to the top in the fiel
ds of business, industry, commerce, banking, the media and so forth.
ples, and their unwillingness to help other people made them unpopular very
 rapidly. The kind of engineering I've done, working on complicated equipme
nt, is always a team event, and you do have to be team player to survive an
d thrive.
encounter, basically.
portunity?, a
n - defective - logic .
rs on this newsgroup and see for themselves who's the one who  beats others
 down ad nauseam with the utmost relish, Bill. You're the
one who *always* has to have the last word. Typical psychopath.

Cursitor Doom now fancies himself as a clinical psychologist. He's not cont
ent with having silly ideas about politics, but now wants branch out into p
sychology. Sadly, he's just as silly there.

Curistor Doom is good at checking out lengthy and exhaustive exchanges with
 him. More civilised exchanges with more civlised discussants don't get his
 attention. He's the psychopath here.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: The Deep State defined
On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 17:12:06 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman

The problem in your case, Bill, is that it's screamingly obvious for
all to see. The casual observer doesn't need a doctorate in pyschiatry
to spot that.

contest or a test of wills in which there can only be one winner. "

Dr. Robert Hare

Others unfortunate enough to get involved in lengthy, futile and
pointless exchanges with you are best placed to judge that, Bill.

Re: OT: The Deep State defined
ontent with having silly ideas about politics, but now wants branch out int
o psychology. Sadly, he's just as silly there.

The causal observer who could spell psychiatry might be in a position to ma
ke that claim. You don't seem to qualify. My cousin the psychiatrist (who d
oes have a doctorate in the area, on using lithium to treat bipolar disorde
r) never bothered to tell the rest of the family that I was a psychopath, s
o it it might not be quite as obvious as you seem to think.

ortunity?, a

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_Checklist

effectively says that Hare's test isn't worth much, particularly in  the ha
nds of "inadequately trained raters" which would have to include Cursitor D
oom, if  he can't even spell psychiatry.

ith him. More civilised exchanges with more civlised discussants don't get
his attention. He's the psychopath here.
ss exchanges with you are best placed to judge that, Bill.

Exchanges with you do tend to be futile and pointless - you don't know much
, and are incapable of learning that what you do think you know is mostly w
rong.

The idea that you would - or could - pay any attention to my interchanges w
ith other people, is a trifle implausible. The idea that you could follow w
hat was going on is even less credible.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: The Deep State defined
On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 04:07:26 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman

It was a typo, you dunce. Is that the best you can manage? A spelling
flame? Has it come to this, Bill?

Re: OT: The Deep State defined

Bill Sloman
Jan 17, 2021, 11:07:30 PM (2 hours ago)
ot content with having silly ideas about politics, but now wants branch out
 into psychology. Sadly, he's just as silly there.
all to see. The casual observer doesn't need a doctorate in pyschiatry to s
pot that.
 make that claim. You don't seem to qualify. My cousin the psychiatrist (wh
o does have a doctorate in the area, on using lithium to treat
as a psychopath, so it it might not be quite as obvious as you seem to thin
k.
portunity?, a
hands of "inadequately trained raters" which would have to include Cursitor
 Doom, if he can't even spell psychiatry.
ame? Has it come to this, Bill?

The dunce here is you, with your deluded ideas about doing remote psychiatr
ic diagnosis. Look up the Goldwater Rule sometime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldwater_rule

If you actually knew anything about psychiatry - and weren't an obnoxious t
wit - you wouldn't be wasting our time with your fatuous speculations, and
you would know how to spell psychiatry.
Claiming that it was a typo - when the dumbest spell-checker highlights it
- isn't all that convincing.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: The Deep State defined
On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 01:07:24 -0000 (UTC), John Doe

ft.

Indeed. You've just held an election worthy of a banana republic, I'm
sorry to say. :(

Re: OT: The Deep State defined
On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 19:19:07 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman

Oh yeah? How many of those votes were cast by deceased voters? How
many by illegals not entitled to vote? How many from ballot box
stuffing? How many by sheer, in-your-face fraud?

Re: OT: The Deep State defined

Maybe three?   Names of deceased persons would include a few
(three that I know of) repetitions of my name, and a  name on a 'cast by'
voter list matching such means... nothing.  That non-meaningful
circumstance can generate LOTS of suspects, without any particular
election problem existing.

Re: OT: The Deep State defined

Cursitor Doom did an unmarked snip there - as psychopaths like him are pron
e to do

ullible idiots. The fact that 1200 and 1500 of them were silly enough to si
t through Judicial Watch presentation - and say they liked it - is just evi
dence that a small proportion of gullible idiots are particularly idiotic.

None of them, as far as anybody has been able to prove.

uffing? How many by sheer, in-your-face fraud?

None of them that Donald Trump and his team of legal clowns has been able t
o prove. The courts have been rather rude about their feeble attempts.

Donald Trump does seem to have convinced himself that he actually won the e
lection, but he does seem to be lying to himself. He has always lied to eve
rybody else, so this shouldn't come as a surprise.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Site Timeline