Re: OT: Taxes

> If more domestic taxation was shifted to sales tax, including taxes on > services, and less were heaped on employers, we'd have more domestic jobs. >

"Taxes on services" are just another income tax, in disguise.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Of course. But if the government is going to raise X trillions of dollars a year, isn't is better to tax things that are inherently immobile, like services, as opposed to taxing things that will be exported by increased costs, like manufacturing?

We get to keep more jobs here if taxes are shifted towards services.

John