Re: OT: Taxes

John Larkin snipped-for-privacy@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

Your _willful_ incompetence in financial and estate planning will be punished by your family's and company's financial destruction.

And knowing this, you somehow expect taxes to be honest or equitable? The elite (wealthiest) always set up the law to keep them the wealthiest. Look at the crazy DRM crap.

Reply to
JosephKK

Hey, I have a team of financial advisors and lawyers and insurance agents working on it now. We have something like 8 trusts set up so far. It's just absurd that all this crap is necessary; the estate taxes are perforated with expensive loopholes.

My real concern is whether I'll be able to find some younger people who can design real electronics and make rational decisions, so I can turn the company over to them and keep it going. The Brat might br able to and interested in running the biz side, but she has no talent in electronics, so I need a younger circuit-design whiz kid or two, and they are rare these days.

Prefer, yes; expect, no. A flat tax, preferably a sales tax, woule be best.

The wealthy pay most of the taxes in this country. Look it up.

If people want to protect their IP with passwords or laws, fine. DRM is falling of its own weight, through market pressures. Apple is now selling unprotected music, and people are not buying Vista in droves.

John

And knowing this, you somehow expect taxes to be honest or equitable?

> The elite (wealthiest) always set up the law to keep them the > wealthiest. Look at the crazy DRM crap. >

That's the Golden Rule - the guy tha's got the gold makes the rules.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

John Larkin snipped-for-privacy@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

Sorry about being ugly with you, that was out of line. Count coup on me for keeping your cool.

I haven't seen one for nearly 20 years, i think you have to grow your own now.

I always figured you were reasonable.

Yes, but is it proportionate?

from my bookmarks.

The biggest issue with Vista is that it breaks a lot of software and has dumped almost all legacy hardware (very few drivers, especially for 64-bit). DRM issues are starting to show up though.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.*

Reply to
JosephKK

Bullshit! One shouldn't have to jump through legal hoops. Hell, one shouldn't have to have the money to jump through those hoops.

NO, but I expect anyone with a half a brain to see that the death tax is *wrong*.

--
  Keith
Reply to