Re: OT - Something actually worked!

> Not sure what problem you were expecting. XP build 2600 with SP2 that I > have has always loaded just fine. >

Well, it's Windows, so you have to expect just about anything. Even idiotic things like the "w" key not working after you install a browser. Or, the fan modulating to the tune of Beethoven's Fifth.

I for one have completely had my fill of Windows, and if I weren't already committed to it with a substantial software collection, I would ditch it in a heartbeat.

Just the other day I noticed yet another non-standard implementation of a Windows-created problem because their dot.net development environment has a quirky way of dealing with cell padding around table elements in standard HTML.

You would think by 2008, HTML table formatting has been beat to death, but oh no, this is Microsoft. They must have an equity stake in the secret herbs and spice companies.....

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Being one of the top vendors thereof, they "own" much of the upline and downline suppliers one way or another. Of course you could go the W3C compliant way.

Reply to
JosephKK