Re: OT: PALIN'S CHURCH SUPPORTS "PRAY AWAY THE GAY"

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Tony Weber

Other than a few WW-II vintage wood buildings, all I saw was cast concrete buildings and log homes The temperature dropped to -40 F quite often at Ft. Greely. In fact, the building I worked in was used as the Russian officer's mess hall for the lend lease program. American built planes were flown there by civilians, then flown to Russia by their military. That building was so cold I had to wear my cold weather gear all winter. The toilets and sinks would freeze, as well. There was no way a trailer, with exposed plumbing would last a year in those conditions. I was stationed at the US Army cold weather test site, and worked at the AFRTS installation.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I know Ft Greely, as I've been there. Military base. It gets colder than -40 there. Use to hunt Buffalo out in Delta too.

But you missed my point, in that your limited experience allowed you to declare that there were no trailers in a place 400 miles away that you have never been too. It is like declaring that there are no beaches in Los Angeles because you spent some time in San Francisco.

They put insulated skirting around the trailers in Fairbanks. Anchorage too.

TW

Reply to
Tony Weber

It USED to be a military base. It was closed, years ago. Now, it is being converted to a missle base.

No, I said I didn't see any trailers when I lived there.

I know it got colder than 40 below, but we were not allowed to report it. Instead, we were ordered to say, "It's cold out there today, Folks. Be careful". It was so cold in the control room that our TV test pattern looked like an egg, instead of a circle. I had to roll my chair over to the transmitter between jobs to thaw out my hands. My skin was gray and stiff after the long walk back to the barracks in the middle of the night, and it took over an hour in the shower to thaw out.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

to call a

saw was cast

0 F quite

d as the

an built

was no

gets colder

hes in

chorage

Yeah, but how is that any different from saying there's WMD in Iraq? That was 6,500 miles, give or take.

Reply to
mpm

And lets return to your orginal statement, which you have now snipped from the thread:

Someone posted:

To which you responded:

"That's funny. I don't remember seeing any trailers when I lived in Alaska, and the Governor's mansion certainly isn't one. Tell me, are you jealous that you aren't in politics, or a woman?"

So you were apparently trying to counter the opinion that Palin is trailer trash with the argument that you did not see any trailers in Alaska, when you were there. With the implication that therefore Palin could not be trailer trash, because there are no trailers.

I have merely pointed out that your knowledge of Alaska is actually extremely limited. So you shouldn't try to make arguments based on a knowledge that you don't possess.

TW

1 year in Fairbanks, 19 in Anchorage. ( 4 in South Edition and 15 in Spenard)

Reply to
Tony Weber

You didn't know that Ft.greely was shut down, so your knowledge is lacking as well.

Show proof that the govenor & family lives in a trailer.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Irrelevant. Greely is now run by the Missile Defense Command, instead of the Army. Which means that it is still a military base.

I never claimed that they did. You were the one who claimed that there were no trailers in Alaska to bolster your argument.

Reply to
Tony Weber

That's not what you claimed. You said you'd been there, not that it was a missile base.

I never said that. Since you can't tell the truth, I won't waste any more time on your lies and incompetence.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes, I said that I had been there. I said that it was a military base. Still is.

You said that you had never seen trailers in Alaska after someone called Palin "Trailer Trash." Then what were you trying to imply?

Since you can't tell the truth, I won't waste any

Oooo, bit of a Pussboy, ain't we? Can't quite deal with an actual debate when someone points out the fallacies and inaccuracies in your argument?

Go ahead, take your ball and go home.

TW

Reply to
Tony Weber

t it

re

e any

You are such a dork. You tried to claim that there were no trailers in Alaska and you were wrong. Instead of admitting your error, you just keep on babbling away. For your information, "trailer trash" is a figure of speech and it fits people like Palin. Palin could live in a $10 million mansion, or the White House, she would still be trailer trash. We like trailer trash and we will probably elect songbird McCain and trailer trash Palin because they make us feel superior. We want a guy who graduated 5th from the bottom of his class of 700 because we can all feel superior to him. We did not like Carter, the nuclear engineer, because he could not give us that wonderful feeling of superiority. I am sold and intend to vote for McCain-Palin :)

Reply to
Fan

Maybe he's blind.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam

heh heh

Reply to
Dave Hazelwood

tead

that it

there

aste any

I knew you would like it because I wrote it just for you :)

Reply to
Fan

Actually, I am just regaining my eyesight after being blind for three months from a palsy in my right eye, and have been legally blind most of my life. I have to wait three more months before the VA will decide if they will operate to repair the rest of the damage. I am not allowed to drive without glasses. Do you find something funny about being disabled? If you do you'll laugh your sick ass off that I'm a 100% disabled veteran. None of this has anything to do with an idiot trying to put his words in my mouth.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

led

ree

You sound like a liar. How could they take you into the service if you were legally blind? I wanted to be Special Forces but a small injury to my thumb disqualified me. They accepted me in the Army Reserves but that was all. No stories of heroics or anything like that. Just a PFC but a PFC with an Honorable Discharge. No way, would they take someone who is legally blind. There are veterans' groups who go after people with false claims about their service records. They may just look you up.

John McCain is a fake. He got all the breaks he did not earn or deserve because of his family connections and he probably would not have graduated, not even fifth from the bottom of a class of 700, without it. He was a lousy pilot and he did not know how to eject from his plane. Made 32 propaganda videos for the cong while in prison, and he tells us that he was a hero. What the hell did he do?

Reply to
Fan

Simple. Legally blind doesn't mean you can't see at all. It means your vision is very bad. A lot of men fought in W.W.II with the same problem. My vision was less than 20/200 in my 'good' eye, and less than

20/400 in my other eye. I have to wear glasses to drive, and don't drive at night, because I have almost no night vision.

The draft board checked the box, 'Medically acceptable'. You do know where that box is, don't you? I tested out of the three year course for

26T20, and was assigned to AFRTS. You do know what a MOS is, don't you?

Have you ever met a honest draft board? The Army offered me a medical discharge while in basic, after I ended up in the hospital form the respiratory problems that gave me one of the 4F ratings. MY DD-214 lists my secondary MOS as N/A, due to my health. If you really are a Veteran you can find me on Miltary,com in the Buddy finder, where they verify you in the DOD database.

Then file a complaint with the FBI or anyone else who will listen. I am well known to local Veterans groups, and the local DAV Veteran's Service Officer helped me file for disability after the VA gave up on my health problems. I do volunteer work for other disabled Veterans, and have been on the local "Veterans News and Information" radio program several times where I collect & repair used computers to give away. What do you do for others?

Don't be surprised when they investigate you, or arrest you for filing a false report against a legitimate Veteran.

He made it further in life than you did? How much torture did you endure in a Vietnamese prison camp? That's right, you barely made it into the reserves. "What did you do in the war, Daddy? Nothing. But they paid me every month to be in the reserves, so that I can call the people who did serve 'liars' and 'traitors'!".

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

None is so blind as he who WILL not see.

--
Tom from Texas
(The Tom Risner Fund for Deserving North Texas Guitarplayers is not liable

I don't usually post bible quotes, but these come to mind:

Matthew 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Matthew 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Luke 6:41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

Texas? Y'all know what Little Jimmy Dickens of the Grand Ole Opry says about Texans, don't ya?

"You can always tell a Texan, you just can't tell them very much!" ;-)

Stay on high ground, till Ike takes his leave. :)