Re: OT: Liberals, Conservatives, Guns

Your opinion, vs. researcher John Hibbing, political scientist at the

> University of Nebraska-Lincoln, study author John Alford of Rice > University, and the peer-reviewed journal Science.

"Political scientist"

Oxymoron

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

I don't like the term either. "Religious science" is worse. "Computer science" is pretty bad too.

Reply to
Beryl

Any profession that needs to include "science" in its name hasn't anything to do with science.

Reply to
krw

I don't much like "Software Engineer"

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

And avoid like the plague any course that has the word "studies" in its title.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Well, there was study hall.

Reply to
krw

Why sit through study hall, when there were three shops you could use at that time? (Electronics, Metal and Wood.) Ask the right questions, and a pass was easy to get. :) or I could spend it in the library, projection booth or just goofing off with the lighting controls or sound systems around the school? I taught myself how to repair Panasonic Industrial B&W reel - reel video tape equipment during study halls, as well.

Michael A. Terrell