OT: still idiots

If you are already a suicide bomber, how much deterrent is a low-probability chance of a swab test?

And ditto, now just wear gloves when you mix up your brews, or have somebody else do it, or clean up properly afterwards. You have been well warned.

And of course we still can't "discriminate", so they will pick people at random to test, diluting the effectivity of the already-low-probability test to uselessness.

They are still fighting the last war. And obviously they are announcing the tests they plan to do not as effective measures (the announcement alone nullifies that) but as domestic political publicity.

John

The USA not only lost the war on "terrorism", but went over to the other side, the day that the Washington, DC bureaucrats started strip-searching American citizens.

Today, the airports; tomorrow, your bedroom! =3D:-O

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise on Google groups

And if your name happens to be on the "no fly" list, even an 8 year old boy scout gets detained while real threats waltz through:

Of course, we also give terrorists another armload of ammo everytime someone fills up their gas guzzler or wastes energy in other ways. Our greed, lethargy, and arrogance are financing our own destruction...

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

...and do not forget that there are explosives that do not use nitrogen

- thereby nullifying even 100% testing...

Reply to
Robert Baer

..posted live on YouTube?

Reply to
Robert Baer

"Financing"? Oh, you mean that trillion dollars that were printed last week?

Reply to
Robert Baer

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote in news:yF_en.36$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe17.iad:

Which may not detect acetone peroxide,according to Wikipedia. It's not a nitrogen based EX. (AP/TATP)

Well,the econutz don't want to drill in ANWR(the most barren part of it,too),or the Gulf of Mexico,but China is going to drill in the Gulf for Cuba. They'll pump the same oil strata we would have tapped.

the econutz would rather we imported foreign oil and the higher risk of tanker accidents.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

The upside is that we're buying oil with dollars and the oil countries are buying T-bills with those same dollars, which we'll inflate so much that the T-bills become almost worthless, so the oil is almost free. And we're leaving our own oil in the ground for when we really need it, after they run out.

John

This has nothing to do with ecology. This is actually clever policy of using oil from dushmans till depletion and keeping reserves for the bad day.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

I forget who it was who said, "US energy policy is to maximize demand, minimize supply, and send trillions to the people who hate us the most."

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

email: hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

But...we are already bankrupt, so when the reality catches up, that argument becomes moot.

Reply to
Robert Baer

It may also miss perchlorates then and possibly picrates (NO2 vs NO3).

for=20

Reply to
JosephKK

People go bankrupt, but then people aren't allowed to print money.

John

Tomorrow?

"The proud boast of Lower Merrion School District in Philadelphia is that it gives every one of their 1,800 high-schoolers laptop computers, to "ensure that all students have 24/7 access to school-based resources."

The catch ? which isn?t even mentioned in the small print ? is that whilst pupils are watching their laptops, their school may be watching them."

To reply to me directly:

Replace privacy.net with: totalise DOT co DOT uk and replace me with
gareth.harris
Reply to
Gareth