Re: OT: Guns Take Lives -- Again!

Jim Chandler wrote:

> [...]

"Linked to," "suspect," etc. etc. might have suggested she was a dangerous person. Or it might merely suggest she had acquaintance with some less than savory people. Her brother's death was treated as an accident.

Accidents happen and/or murders get treated as accidents sometimes.

Now exactly what psychological test would have predicted she might shoot colleagues in what was apparently a tenure dispute?

Someone may have dropped the proverbial ball with regard to her violent proclivities, but it's far too late now for any second guessing.

Oh, and the gun in neither case, the professor or the partygoer, did one damned thing: People did something _using_ a gun, a gun neither you, I nor any other entity could have prevented them having if either was determined to have one.

Sorry, freedom is dangerous and expensive. Life is like that, guns or none.

Reply to
John Husvar

John Husvar wrote: ...

Not all by itself. A gun is only a tool, of course.

Right. To do a particular job, you often need a particular tool.

either was determined to have one.

Agreed. We need to do better.

Reply to
Beryl

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or about Fri, 05 Mar 2010 00:22:59 -0800 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Raymond Michel, a retired electrician, was calm as he told his story Wednesday evening, and he said he didn't seem to be nervous or scared when he confronted the intruder.

Dawn Michel, however, said she was on edge from the ordeal.

"I haven't eaten yet," she said.

Yep - its a guy thing ....

A man has to do, those things A Man Does.

pyotr filipivich

It's surely a phallic symbol thing.

Reply to
Beryl