Re: OT: electric car drama

That's an odd way of looking at it. The reality is that if their parking is the limiting factor in getting *more* customers there is no point in providing the charging station at all. So it clearly is *not* fulfilling its purpose.

--

Rick
Reply to

Or maybe some subsidy from Tesla, Inc.?

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

News media ! Good idea !

Maybe there is a product idea in here somewhere....

Make an EV charging extension cable where you can plug it into the EV charger and still use it to charge your EV, either double parked or semi-close by ? Then park your EV there and run the cable to your car making people trip over it maybe even ?

boB K7IQ

Reply to
boB

Haha, nice one. Seems like that would be a pretty easy thing to put together, but losses likely limit the cable length.

Problem is, even though you're the one who is technically "in the right", you're going to get the cops called on you for double parking, and they're not going to see it your way.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

It could be that nobody ever even considered access in the first place.

An EV parking spot is a social signal that "we care about the Environment." It doesn't have to be anything more than that.

They simply don't have to.

--
Les Cargill
Reply to

Maybe. maybe not.

If the cop shows up and your car is double parked and connected to the charger, and you are there and explain to the cop that you _need_ to charge your car and this other car was parked in the charging space...

I bet you could get the other car towed. Or you could get shot.

But this all seems like too much drama for me. I'll keep my gas car.

Mark

Reply to
makolber

It's not just about the little bit of gas money I save to me, it's also about getting people interested in the tech.

Maybe they'll also get electric cars. Maybe they'll build out nuclear and renewables to run them. Maybe someday we can tell the Middle East to get bent, and maybe someday brave young men and women won't be sent home to their moms and dads in boxes anymore.

That's what it's about to me.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

}snip{

I wonder what traffic regulation they will cite to justify the fine. That the owner of the charging station likes it if only EV's park in there? As far as I know there is no official EV-only parking sign, unless the municipality has made a local ordinance to make it so, of course.

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

Bingo! It's just more "feel goodism" on top of "feel goodism".

...because they don't care. The space did its job just by being there. They don't really expect it to do anything more.

Reply to
krw

Likely the latter.

--