Re: The Electric Car

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:36:40 -0700, Willie.Mookie wrote: ...

Approximately half the volume of a crystalline wafer is lost during > the slicing operation.

Whatever happened to "edge-defined film growth"? That's where they pull a flat ribbon of silicon from the melt, and then just use it "sideways".

Obviously, it's unfeasible for one reason or another - anybody know those reasons?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The DOE and others are doing research on this topic.

It all has to do with large scale ordering. A crystal has large scale order. Something like glass or a mixture of tiny crystalline particles, does not. The crystalline structure has huge advantages in the efficiently moving electrical energy around. When folks try to coat a substrate with silicon they can't for one reason or another,get a pure crystalline structure with long period order. They get either glassy material, or what is known as polycrystalline structures. These either don't work, or don't work well enough to be worth the effort.

Yet.

My approach is to create a low cost super-performing lans array that works with expensive mono-crystalline solar cells operating at high intensity. In this way I reduce costs to less than $0.07 per peak watt.

Should this sort of process lower the cost of solar panels, it won't hurt me. Because I can install the new low cost PV into my system, and reduce costs further. That's because my low cost lens system is dramatically lower cost than anything else out there.

The cost of monocrystalline silicon wafers are about $1 per square inch. A 200 micron thick sheet of PET can cover over 4 square yards for $1. (I use precision molded PET ultrasoncially bonded in a water bath to create large lens arrays) This is a 5,000 to 1 cost advantage.

Lets say edge defined film reduces the cost by a factor of 20 - so we get a square inch for 5 cents. This reduces the cost per watt of conventional panels to perhaps $1 per watt. But it cuts my costs in about half - to $0.04 per peak watt.

Reply to
Willie.Mookie

Got patents?

John

Got brain? as for getting the very most out of whatever's off the shelf?

Not each and everything that's new and improved needs another big ass spendy patent that'll cost millions if not billions in order to enforce on any global scale, though I believe our William Mook actually has some patents.

BTW, my usenet posting is getting blocked and/or diverted by those in charge, as it taking next to forever to get anything to stick. I don't suppose you'd know anything about such matters?

- Brad Guth -

Reply to
BradGuth

Yes.

Reply to
Willie.Mookie

Cool; what are the numbers? I couldn't find any with your name on them.

John

Nice. Then you wouldn't mind sharing the information (since, after all, that is the purpose of a patent). Numbers please!

--
  Keith
Reply to

If i were a hard-ass i'd say why? haha.. What is your need to know?

The most sensitive aspect of IP is the PCT process for international coverage since the US recognizes IP at the time of creation, and every other nation on Earth recognizes at the time of patent.

So discussing technical details beyond what is actually issued - can be a problem with US coverage that you want to take worldwide.

Just a point of order.

One wonders why you could use uspto.gov search engine? If I've cleverly concealed by identity by this asterly subtrefuge of calling myself willie mookie, I don't know if I want to give you enough information to penetrate it! haha.. Great minds that you are. lol.

Here is one published patent - which I've referred to elsewhere as well

United States Patent 7,081,584 Mook July 25, 2006

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Solar based electrical energy generation with spectral cooling

Abstract Method and system for converting solar energy into electrical energy utilizing serially coupled multijunction-type photovoltaic cells in conjunction with a form of spectral cooling. The latter cooling is carried out by removing ineffective solar energy components from impinging concentrated light, inter alia, through the utilization of dichroics or the conversion of ineffective solar energy components to effective energy components by means of luminescence, phosphorescence, or fluorescence. Ineffective solar energy components are described as those exhibiting wavelengths outside the bandgap energy defined wavelength and an associated wavelength defined band of useful photon energy.

And there is two published applications

United States Patent Application 20060185713 Kind Code A1 Mook; William J. JR. August 24, 2006

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Solar panels with liquid superconcentrators exhibiting wide fields of view

Abstract Solar panel system and apparatus wherein the panels are configured with liquid superconcentrators having outwardly disposed liquid imaging lenses of wide field of view performing with a sparse array of discrete multifunction photovoltaic cells which are electrically interconnected to provide a panel output. The liquid superconsentrator and associated sparse array of photovoltaic cells are configured in a row and column matrix and are mounted upon a polymeric back support.

United States Patent Application 20050051205 Kind Code A1 Mook, William H. JR. March 10, 2005

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Solar based electrical energy generation with spectral cooling

Abstract Method and system for converting solar energy into electrical energy utilizing serially coupled multijunction-type photovoltaic cells in conjunction with a form of spectral cooling. The latter cooling is carried out by removing ineffective solar energy components from impinging concentrated light, inter alia, through the utilization of dichroics or the conversion of ineffective solar energy components to effective energy components by means of luminescence, phosphorescence, or fluorescence. Ineffective solar energy components are described as those exhibiting wavelengths outside the bandgap energy defined wavelength and an associated wavelength defined band of useful photon energy.

There is considerably more on the way, and work is also patented, and in the process of patent, that I've funded from outside vendors that have resulted in patents and have had licensed to me - this approach was taken so that the path isn't too easily followed by others, or thwarted by those whom I have attracted negative attention.

But clearly there is enough out there to show that I'm serious about this, and that I've built hardware and I'm in the process of putting together major manufacturing. When we start shipping panels to Indonesia to create the world's largest solar panel array - covering

360 sq km - from the world's largest panel production plant - making 1 sq km a day - a plant that every week makes more solar panels than exist in the entire world today - then the US press may break down and give us thekind of pointers you are looking for. haha..
Reply to
Willie.Mookie

we

in

--=AD-----

--=AD-----

--=AD-----

-

You are sharing too much information. These sevitic rusemasters of usenet don't like hard facts, much less the truth.

topic: "Brad Guth"

And the true Willie.Moo is still in hiding and/or being another fence jumping pretend-Atheist because?

The fact of not one all-knowing wizard within your mostly semantic anti-think-tank of orchestrated naysayism and denial, isn't giving so much as one of your good ideas so much as a speck of any honest respect or much less promotion, as such isn't even a clue as to who is in charge of your private parts?

How far back should we go in order to find one usenet soul's actions that's in direct support of anything Willie.Moo/William Mook? Or is that simply asking too much, as being MI5/NSA/CIA nondisclosure rated?

You do know that these folks here in usenet land are very well connected to the very top dog, and thus perfectly capable of putting your research and whatever prototypes on the fast track, or otherwise directly into the nearest toilet, or don't you even know at least that much?

And once again, you clearly like all Jews as much as each and every other faith-based bad guys, as in no matters what crimes against humanity they've done that's absolutely dastardly and despicable (such as their USS LIBERTY fiasco among many other crimes) is a perfectly acceptable Mook standard that's without a speck of remorse on behalf of any given Yid. Say again that you're not more Zion Jewish than most.

- Brad Guth -

Reply to
BradGuth

He doesn't need our help. He's a billionaire already.

John

The fact that if you don't cite at least one, you're blowing smoke out your ass.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I'm an engineer, unlike a few here apparently. I have a need to know. It's not like patents are secret, or anything. Teaching *is* the purpose of patents, after all.

By definition, if it's patented, as you claim, it is no longer a secret. Again, the purpose of a patent is to teach, your floor.

I didn't ask for anything beyond what is published, only the NUMBERS OF WHAT YOU HAVE PUBLISHED. Sheesh, you are dense.

No, it really isn't. The point of order is that I made a simple and reasonable request and you do nothing but dance.

So you're just a blowhard, like Guth.

I'll take a look when I can reach the Internet. Might just as well give us a reading list.

A tad paranoid, aren't we?

No, clearly there is *NOT* enough "information out there" to show that "you're serious about this". So far, we've only had your word for it. That is not "information", however "out there" it may be.

--
  Keith
Reply to