Re: OT but still techy: Stupid Cell Phone Features

On a sunny day (Sat, 30 Jun 2007 15:28:02 GMT) it happened D from BC wrote in :

I almost suspect a pile of cell phone features are a pacifier to >detract people into not thinking about minute tracking features that >could help save money..

It is worse then that, they use 'hot buttons' to do GPRS, internet, what not. Part of that is now illegal in some countries.

I think cell phone providers are acting like gangsters with this set >up.

Sure, but prices are going down, not much profit margin....

It is all a ripoff, maybe better if Voip via wifi, via local hotspot and internet.

"We won't help you save money, but here's a free toaster." >D from BC

Its getting that hot hey ;-)? Defective battery?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Hot buttons & GPRS??? I didn't understand that part... D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

On a sunny day (Sun, 01 Jul 2007 06:47:17 GMT) it happened D from BC wrote in :

I have one cellphone that has a button on front, if you press it it activates internet, and connects via GPRS (fast internet data, more expensive

) to the providers website, where you get a useless menu. It is next to impossible to _not_ press this button (hot button, hardwired), and everytime you do they charge you 2 Euro (say 3 $) for 'basic internet use'. I have pressed that button maybe 20 times accidently in the first few weeks... I use a different cellphone now. This pracitice is illegal now in some countries.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje