Re: OT: A lot better than a Covid death shot!

But you can't post a link to it.

A few. Rather fewer than would have died if they hadn't had that particular COVID shot - Astra Zeneca - and not been protected against Covid-19 by it.

They've been doing that since long before Covid-19 was a problem - there are some congenital heart defects that only show up in young adults

Total nonsense.

He doesn't. He hasn't been able to stop them killing off large numbers of Palestinian kids, but he's doing what he can to discourage them.

They don't have any effect on either of them.

Even Zero Hedge thinks so, even if their article is irrelevant twaddle.

Those of us that survive it. Eighty-year olds won't be numerous amongst the survivors.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

is designed to appeal to right-wing half-wits like Cursitor Doom, who likes his conspiracy theories to be thoroughly absurd.

There's not a shred of evidence that Covid-19 was any kind of laboratory-developed virus, and virus labs are actually pretty good at keeping dangerous viruses safely locked up. It's a stupid idea, but Cursitor Doom and Jan Panteltje like it.

The wet market in Wuhan is a much more likely source - lots more potentially infected bush meat, exposed to many more people.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Actually its pretty much the main stream consensus that the virus was cooked up in a lab, and escaped.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Is that the consensus amongst people who really know what they are talking about?

Reply to
GB

No. Mainstream is that we will probably never know but that there were no telltale signs of it being spliced together from other known viruses. It has been sequenced and examined very widely which was what made the mRNA vaccines possible once an invariant target protein was identified.

Reply to
Martin Brown

As far as I know, yes.

is a fairly good overview. The problem is that accusing China of being uber sloppy was not politically *convenient*. So the default position initially was a 'we just dont know'

Apparently now, we know a lot more...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think that in fact there *were* telltale signs

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nope.

Fraid not.

And know that what was done experimentally is genetically nothing like covid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Nope.

Reply to
Rod Speed

If they'd made it known that millions of people had died as a result of a release of a Chinese bio-weapon, there would have been an immediate clamor for a massive military response. Saying 'we don't know' gives the West a bit of valuable breathing space to decide how to deal with this emerging threat without triggering WW3. But I do hope China will get it's come-uppance one fine day. They so f****ng deserve it.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It wasn't just China...

Joe

The WHO carried out 50000 tests in China on wild animals, and never found anything related to COVID.

The WHV is alleged to have a second building further along the same street as the one we know about. It doesn’t have any nameplates, and the entrance is at the back. No foreigners have been known to visit it.

Reply to
Spike

Yet. It took years to find the source of SARS in animals.

We do know that the dna of what was being used for the gain of function tests is nothing like covid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

What's the point of making that assertion without anything solid to back it up? Come on, spill the beans or shut up!

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

If this mysterious building actually exists, it could just as easily be an illegal gambling den.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

One geriatic nut-case thought that there were, but his arguments weren't persuasive.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

But you don't know much, and don't go to any trouble to find out evidence that you'd prefer not to know about.

But you can't point to any of this "new: information.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

That wasn't "gain of function" research. The question examined was whether "“spike proteins from naturally occurring bat coronaviruses circulating in China were capable of binding to the human ACE2 receptor in a mouse model.”

The naturally occurring bat coronaviruses weren't modified in any way. The question was whether they were potentially dangerous to humans, and it got the right answer, though nobody seems to have acted on the information obtained - not that they could have done much.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Others have done so. I cited an article from a US government hearing.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

that site is the information dearie

Dont bully me. Take it up with them.